The Star Wars universe has reached far and wide from the original films to comics, games, and of course the various animated series. The more recent of these, Star Wars Rebels, is sadly entering into its final season.
This morning, the official trailer was released, featuring some familiar characters, villains, and locations:
Dave Filoni and the Rebels team have a pretty action-packed schedule in for this final season for fans, including two back-to-back episodes every Monday. The series will conclude with a 90-minute finale, which is pretty much a Rebels movie.
“I felt like it was important to give this last trailer an overall perspective of what this kid had come from and what he had been learning,” Filoni said to Entertainment Weekly about the show. “I like that line that line that says, ‘You’ve never been like anyone else…’”
Ezra Bridger (voiced by Taylor Gray) continues his mystical journey into the secrets of the Force. His blinded instructor, Kanan Jarrus (voiced by Freddie Prinze Jr.) is determined to rescue their dauntless pilot Hera Syndulla (Vanessa Marshall), while Mandalorian warrior Sabine Wren (Tiya Sircar), alien muscle Zeb (Steve Blum), Clone Wars vet Rex (Dee Bradley Baker), and disgruntled droid Chopper continue fighting the good fight against the Empire.
Maybe you noticed a certain shadowy presence in the trailer, which of course has caused some speculation as to who is voicing him. Sam Witwer posted this on his Twitter:
It is with *extreme fanboy glee* that I will answer the question–
Am I voicing Palpatine in Rebels Season 4?
No, I am not
See, they found this guy who does it juuust a fair bit better than I do, by any estimation.
An actor I greatly admire.#caretoguess?!!!!!!
— Sam Witwer (@SamWitwer) January 19, 2018
There were also a few episode names and descriptions released.
The second half of Star Wars Rebels season 4 is due to premiere on the 24th February, 2018. The titles and descriptions for the next two episodes have been released. pic.twitter.com/8nK7MkofDe
— Star Wars Stuff (@starwarstuff) January 12, 2018
Star Wars Rebels returns for its final season, which airs February 19th for a three-week run before ending March 5th on Disney XD.
- Tina Romero Picks up Where Her Father Left off with Queens of the Dead
- Justice League Superman Finally Announced by Hot Toys
- Jurassic Park Funko Pops Roar Into Our Lives... Including Sexy Jeff Goldblum
- ‘Halloween’ 2018: Jamie Lee Curtis Rightfully Gets to Boast - October 22, 2018
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ will Premiere at Wembley in London - October 22, 2018
- Warner Bros. Shifts ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ to 2020 - October 22, 2018
- Let’s Talk About ‘The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell’ - October 22, 2018
- Netflix Orders Second Season of Animated Series ‘Disenchantment’ - October 22, 2018