The Tick lives to fight another day! Amazon has renewed quirky superhero comedy for a second season of 10 half-hour episodes. Production should begin later this year with the shows premiering in 2019.
Peter Serafinowicz (Guardians of the Galaxy) and Griffin Newman (Search Party) will both be back at The Tick and Arthur along with creator Ben Edlund, who debuted his character first in the pages of comic books and then on an animated series. This is the second live-action adaptation.
The series tells of a extremely powerful, yet somewhat clueless hero and his unwilling, unassuming sidekick in a universe where superheroes are the norm, but super villains are a bit of a joke. Except for The Terror (Jackie Earle Haley), who the world thought was dead. Also in the first season are: Valorie Curry, Brendan Hines, Yara Martinez, Scott Speiser, Michael Cerveris, John Pirkis and Alan Tudyk.
Edlund said of the renewal:
“I am so excited that Amazon wants to continue this wildly fruitful collaboration and that this amazing cast gets to stay together, and that we get to build this mythos further, wider, deeper, and taller. We got a good ball of mud spinning with the right tilt of axis, I’m very happy we have this opportunity to keep peopling it.”
Amazon will release the final six episodes of The Tick’s first season on February 23rd.
- Dynamite Offering Entire ‘The Boys’ Trade Collection Signed by Garth Ennis - May 25, 2018
- Charlaine Harris and Christopher Golden’s ‘Cemetery Girl’ Moves to Dynamite - May 25, 2018
- A Look Inside Project Superpowers #1 by Rob Williams and Sergio Davila - May 25, 2018
- Fruit Ninja, Jetpack Joyride, and More in The Art of Halfbrick - May 25, 2018
- Robots Vs. Princesses Finds a Home at Dynamite - May 25, 2018