HBO is slowly but surely building towards season 3 of their critically acclaimed anthology series, True Detective. Reportedly, season 3 will be about “macabre crime in the heart of the Ozarks” and a “mystery that deepens over decades and plays out in three separate time periods.” According to Deadline, Halt & Catch Fire‘s Scoot McNairy has been cast as Tom, a father who suffers a terrible loss which ties his fate to that of two state police detectives over 10 years.
McNairy was also recently seen in Netflix’s Godless, and just finished production on The Legacy Of A Whitetail Deer Hunter with Josh Brolin and Danny McBride.
Also in season 3 is Mahershala Ali (Luke Cage, House of Cards) playing the lead role of Wayne Hays, a state police detective from northwest Arkansas. Carmen Ejogo (Selma, Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them) will play Amelia Reardon in s3, and Stephen Dorff (Blade, Immortals) is also on board for the season.
Nic Pizzolatto is listed as the sole writer for the third season of True Detective (minus one episode which is co-written along with David Milch), as well as showrunner. He will also executive produce this season along with Jeremy Saulnier (who will be directing as well), and additional returning EPs Scott Stephens; Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson (season 1 EPs); Cary Joji Fukunaga, who directed Season 1; along with Scott Stephens, Steve Golin, Bard Dorros and Richard Brown.
True Detective isn’t due back on HBO until sometime in 2019, as per HBO President Casey Bloys to Entertainment Weekly. Casey commented that the network “couldn’t have it ready for ’18 so you can assume ’19,” meaning fans can expect to see it along with the 8th and final season of Game of Thrones.
- Mackenzie Davis in Talks to Star in Terminator Reboot
- Read The Winners List For 2018 The NAACP Image Awards
- Miss Sherlock: HBO Asia Presents Gender-Swapped Remake of Sherlock
- All the Glorious Science Fiction TV You Can (and Should) Watch This Year
- Fahrenheit 451: HBO Releases Teaser for Ray Bradbury Adaptation
- Game of Thrones Arya Stark from ThreeZero Fully Revealed
- True Detective Season 3 Adds Stephen Dorff to HBO Anthology Series