Whenever Jeff Kaplan speaks on the subject of Overwatch, people tend to listen because he doesn’t really add a lot of unnecessary junk to what he says. When he tells you a hero is getting nerfed, there’s a reason why. (Although, I would really love to hear why Mercy needs to be tweaked every three weeks or so.) So when the hosts of Overwatch Central scored an interview with Kaplan and got the skinny on the game’s 27th hero, it was very interesting to hear they we were getting someone that would be truly balanced.
Because it is a new hero and because Kaplan doesn’t reveal anything he doesn’t need to until necessary, there wasn’t much revealed beyond the idea that the new character would be “meta changing” and be “perfectly balanced”, as well as the idea that the new hero was more skill-based. The long-standing rumor after Moira was added to the game was that they’d be adding a new DPS character to the mix, and if you’re aiming for something that is skill-based and not just rampant damage, a sniper or a heavy DPS character would be the logical way to go. Enjoy the video below as we keep our ears to the ground.
- [UPDATED] Twitch Reportedly Paid a Lot of Money for the Overwatch League Broadcasting Deal
- Overwatch League Spotlight: Dallas Fuel vs Seoul Dynasty
- Comic Shop Sales Fell 10% In 2017 - As DC and Doomsday Clock #2 Top December 2017 Marketshare Chart
- The Overwatch League is Missing Something Obvious: Women
- Overwatch League's Debut Flew Past Expectations Peaking At Over 400k Viewers On Twitch
- Final Fantasy XV Has An Update Roadmap Planned Out Through 2019 - February 22, 2018
- EA Play Will Return During E3 2018 To Hollywood - February 22, 2018
- Overwatch Teases Their Next Character In New Tweet - February 22, 2018
- Get A Better Look At Your Potential Doggy Companion Boomer In Far Cry 5 - February 22, 2018
- Bandai Namco Address Patches Coming For Dragon Ball FighterZ - February 22, 2018