Fox is making the call already on their brand new series 9-1-1 after only airing two episodes. The Ryan Murphy series has been picked up for a second season after it’s January 3rd debut had 6.8 million total viewers and a 1.8 rating in the beloved 18-49 demographic. It was able to build on the lead from X-Files (5.2 Million/1.4 demo rating) and won it’s night making it the second best launching drama series after ABC’s The Good Doctor. Adding in DVR playback and multiplatform viewing, that audience number jumped to 15 million.
The star-studded procedural series stars Angela Bassett (American Horror Story), Peter Krause (Parenthood), Kenneth Choi (American Crime Story) and Connie Britton (Nashville).
In a joint statement, Dana Walden and Gary Newman, co-CEO’s of Fox Television Group, said:
With a bold concept, award-winning stars and a flawless execution, Ryan, Brad [Falchuk] and Tim [Minear] have done it again. They have tapped into the cultural zeitgeist and reimagined the procedural as only they could, bringing it to life with a dream team of actors led by Angela, Peter and Connie. This is storytelling at its best and we’re so pleased that it’s resonated with our audience. We’d like to thank everyone involved with this production for their stellar work, and we look forward to another thrilling season of 9-1-1.
9-1-1 airs Wednesdays at 9 PM on Fox.
- Black Lightning Season 1: Jefferson Pierce, the Best New Character of the Season - May 26, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Brainiac 5, the Best New Character of the Season - May 26, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: Beebo, the Best New Character of the Season - May 26, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Cayden James, the Best New Character of the Season - May 26, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: Ralph Dibny, the Best New Character of the Season - May 26, 2018