It’s kind of a crazy time for Warner Brothers’ DC Comics film division, after a less-than-optimal box office return of their multi-million dollar teamup flick Justice League following the blockbuster reception of Wonder Woman.
It looks like the Flash standalone film Flashpoint may have found it’s director(s), as John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein have reportedly entered into ‘talks’, so says Variety. Daley and Goldstein previously worked within the superhero genre, authoring the script for Marvel’s recent Spider-Man solo outing, Spider-Man: Homecoming. The pair also directed and wrote 2015’s Vacation, a revist/sequel of the classic National Lampoon’s Vacation films.
Flashpoint starring Ezra Miller has been on the back burner though, since director Rick Famuyiwa stepped away in 2016. Also, it’s worth noting that Miller has been busy working on the WB Fantastic Beasts sequel, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.
Miller had previously teased possible plot to Entertainment Weekly back in October of 2017, saying:
“What fans understand when they hear Flashpoint would be almost like hearing a word like ‘Crisis’. We start to understand that our precious DC universe will inevitably be torn asunder to an endless, headache-inducing fabric of multiversality. The DC Hyper-Extended Multiverse, as I plan to call it. Quote me!”
All eyes have been focused on the future of the DC comics-based franchise films still on the horizon after Walter Hamada was brought in to replace Geoff Johns and Jon Berg as President of DC Films for Warner Brothers. Hamada will take charge of DC superhero movies going forward, as well as any non-DC comic book movies Warner Bros. produces.
At this time, neither Warner Brothers nor reps for Daley and Goldstein have commented on the situation.
- Ring of Honor Star Matt Taven on the #KingdomConspiracy, Becoming Champ, and Wrestling Figures
- Revival's Em Cypress Gets Her Own Bust from Skelton Crew Studio
- Warner Bros. Confirms DC Film Lineup, Including Justice League Dark
- Report: Justice League Failure Prompts DC Films Shakeup as Jon Berg Steps Down
- The Zack Snyder Cut of Justice League Was Inside of Us All Along [Opinion]
- Star Wars IX Casting Rumors of [SPOILER] May Not Be Rumor Thanks To ‘Solo’ - May 26, 2018
- The Expanse Picked Up by Amazon Studios for 4th Season - May 26, 2018
- The Toys That Made Us Season 2, Episode 1 Talks Star Trek - May 25, 2018
- Bidding War Ends- Bond 25 Lands at Universal Pictures - May 24, 2018
- Report: James Mangold Making Boba Fett Standalone Star Wars Movie - May 24, 2018