It’s kind of a crazy time for Warner Brothers’ DC Comics film division, after a less-than-optimal box office return of their multi-million dollar teamup flick Justice League following the blockbuster reception of Wonder Woman.
It looks like the Flash standalone film Flashpoint may have found it’s director(s), as John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein have reportedly entered into ‘talks’, so says Variety. Daley and Goldstein previously worked within the superhero genre, authoring the script for Marvel’s recent Spider-Man solo outing, Spider-Man: Homecoming. The pair also directed and wrote 2015’s Vacation, a revist/sequel of the classic National Lampoon’s Vacation films.
Flashpoint starring Ezra Miller has been on the back burner though, since director Rick Famuyiwa stepped away in 2016. Also, it’s worth noting that Miller has been busy working on the WB Fantastic Beasts sequel, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.
Miller had previously teased possible plot to Entertainment Weekly back in October of 2017, saying:
“What fans understand when they hear Flashpoint would be almost like hearing a word like ‘Crisis’. We start to understand that our precious DC universe will inevitably be torn asunder to an endless, headache-inducing fabric of multiversality. The DC Hyper-Extended Multiverse, as I plan to call it. Quote me!”
All eyes have been focused on the future of the DC comics-based franchise films still on the horizon after Walter Hamada was brought in to replace Geoff Johns and Jon Berg as President of DC Films for Warner Brothers. Hamada will take charge of DC superhero movies going forward, as well as any non-DC comic book movies Warner Bros. produces.
At this time, neither Warner Brothers nor reps for Daley and Goldstein have commented on the situation.
- Flash Film May Be Taking Tone from 'Back to the Future'
- Warner Bros. DC Films Possibly Renaming, Rebranding Report Suggests
- Willy Wonka Remake Shortlist of Stars Includes Donald Glover and More
- Ring of Honor Star Matt Taven on the #KingdomConspiracy, Becoming Champ, and Wrestling Figures
- Revival's Em Cypress Gets Her Own Bust from Skelton Crew Studio
- Warner Bros. Confirms DC Film Lineup, Including Justice League Dark
- Report: Justice League Failure Prompts DC Films Shakeup as Jon Berg Steps Down
- The Zack Snyder Cut of Justice League Was Inside of Us All Along [Opinion]
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ will Premiere at Wembley in London - October 22, 2018
- Warner Bros. Shifts ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ to 2020 - October 22, 2018
- Let’s Talk About ‘The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell’ - October 22, 2018
- Netflix Orders Second Season of Animated Series ‘Disenchantment’ - October 22, 2018
- Guillermo del Toro Stop-Motion ‘Pinocchio’ Film Heads to Netflix - October 22, 2018