Today we got some info from a VC-backed VR & AR startup called Reality Reflection about a brand new game they’ve got coming out called Mossland. The game will be a virtual real estate title where players can “identify nearby real properties, acquire and trade them in the game. Virtual properties in the game can be tradable and liquified through cryptocurrency exchange, so users will put time and effort to increase the value of their properties.” While it sounds a little intriguing, we have to admit, it sounds like a VR version of Monopoly on paper. We’ve included some of the game’s highlights below, but until we see some footage, they’ve got a lot of work to do to make it sound a little more fun.
Augmented Reality: Virtual property value is proportionate to the number of check-ins in the properties and the owners will install ‘Accessory’, AR objects in attachment to the virtual properties. Users can attract buyers with this item.
Tradable Property, Accessory: Properties and Accessories of the Mossland can be traded between users through in-game auction system. Such transactions between the users can be done by using ‘Moss’, which is an in-game currency matched with ‘Moss Coin’, an Ethereum-based cryptocurrency secured by blockchain technology.
Location-based P2P Advertisement: Mossland creates a new advertising platform based on the convergence of real location-based games with AR technology. All Mossland users can create and run advertisement campaign through a simple interface after setting an ad budget.
- Hasbro Coming Out With A "Cheaters" Version Of Monopoly
- Sprint Vector Will Be Getting A Closed Beta On Oculus Home and SteamVR
- PlayStation System Software Update 5.50 is Taking Beta Testers
- Nintendo Still Isn't That Into VR or 4K Support, According to Nintendo France's Phillippe Lavoue
- Valiant Issues Correction for Shadowman #1 Glow-in-the-Dark Variant - They Will Publish More Than One Copy
- Top 500 Comics Ordered by Comic Stores in December 2017 - Phoenix Resurrection Was No 1 On The Dollar Chart
- Marvel Legacy #1 Beats Metal #1 To Most-Ordered Comic Of 2017
- Rumor Mill: Simon Belmont Coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? - June 20, 2018
- Street Fighter V To Receive Devil May Cry Costumes in Next Update - June 20, 2018
- Squirtle Will Be Pokémon GO’s Next Community Day Focus - June 20, 2018
- FuRyu Corporation Announces Crystar to be Released in October - June 20, 2018
- Scuf Gaming Brings Their New PS4 Vantage Controller to E3 - June 19, 2018