Awesome Games Done Quick 2018 (AGDQ) is a week-long speedrunning challenge and fundraiser. This year’s AGDQ has come to the finish line with a total of $2,263,508 USD raised for the Prevent Cancer Foundation.
Donations are still coming in, but so far this year’s Awesome Games Done Quick has beaten last year’s donations by over $40,000. These donations come from over 32,000 people, and more than 130 of them donated over $1,000 USD. AGDQ featured over 150 speed runs, finishing with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. This final run was completed in almost five hours, without using amiibos and only going through the main quests. You can view a list of all the runs from the event at the Games Done Quick runs tracker.
It is absolutely fantastic to see that Awesome Games Done Quick continues to grow by setting new records each year with donations for various charities. This summer’s event, Summer Games Done Quick will take place from June 24th to July 1st.
In total, the Games Done Quick series has raised over $14.5 million for charity over the years with its many events. Games Done Quick has featured 1945 speed runs to date, with 340873 donations from 152247 donors. The average GDQ donation is only $42.79 USD, with the max donation given so far being $200,556.24 USD. Games Done Quick started way back in 2011.
- Breath of the Wild Becomes the Second Best-Selling Zelda Game
- A New Super Mario World Speed Record Trounces The Game In Under 60 Seconds
- Second Self Beer Co. Creates an IPA Tribute to Zelda
- The 2018 Call of Duty World Championship Starts Today - August 15, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Has Invaded the New York City Subway System - August 15, 2018
- 4A Games and Deep Silver Open Up Pre-Orders for Metro Exodus - August 15, 2018
- Activision Shows Off New Spyro Reignited Hurricos Gameplay - August 15, 2018
- NBA 2K19 is Getting Several Major MyTEAM Updates - August 15, 2018