Kylo Ren was recently the first of 12 new Funko Pop exclusives going up for order on Friday on Target.com. This first release is a t-shirt and Pop combo. Featuring deluxe packaging, This cost $24.99 for the combo. Kylo Ren, of course, is coming off an appearance in The Last Jedi, and this set is based on his appearance from the film.
Packaging-wise, this one looks really sharp. All of the lettering is metallic and shiny in black and silver. Weirdly, the Target logo is nowhere to be seen on the box. It says Target, of course, but no bullseye. This is a very saveable box. I actually think I’d like to see more special boxes like this. It’s fresh and different than the classic Pop box we are all used to. I welcome whenever they want to do something like this.
The shirt included is a standard Pop Tee. Basically just a picture of the Kylo Ren Pop inside with holographic blues and logos. It is a cool shirt, but I wish it was a blend instead of 100% cotton. Cotton tends to shrink and lose its shape faster. That drives me nuts, but they’re mass producing these so fast that I guess I understand. Doesn’t mean I have to like it, though.
As far as the Pop itself, I love it. While the glow-in-the-dark figures look kind of weird on their own, when you get the glow effect actually going, it looks exceptional. It took about four minutes in front of a lightbulb to get it fully charged and glowing, but I love the way the body lights up the other parts of the bobblehead. His face scar pops (sorry, not sorry) while the figure glows. Just a home run all around.
Sadly, I can’t link anyone to buy this, as it is sold out. Aftermarket prices have been hovering around $45-60. But if you want any of the other 12 Funko Pops they will be selling, keep an eye here.
- Halloween Begins Filming as Four More Join the Cast
- Mark Millar and Rafael Albuquerque's Huck Gets a Bust from Skelton Crew Studio
- Detective Comics #972 Review: The True Nature of Clayface
- Is This What Marvel Is Doing with All Its Extra Lenticular Covers?!
- Marvel Comics Offers Collections on Pallets, Liquidates 234 Posters
- The Untold Story of Savage and Steamboat's WrestleMania 3 Match Revealed in BOOM WrestleMania Special
- Action Comics #995 Review: On the Issue of Fathers
- Steve Orlando, Garry Brown, and Lee Loughridge Get Crude for Image in April
- The Limbo Lounge Review: A Delightfully Strange Romp Between Life and Death
- Black Lightning Season 1: "You Wanted to Give the People Hope"
- Ed Piskor's Love Letter to the X-Men, Grand Design 1 and 2, Get Second Prints on Valentine's Day
- Conan the Barbarian Returns to Marvel Comics
- Red Hood Joins the Kotobukiya Ikemen Statue Line
- It’s Not a Stretch: Marvel Legends Has Released the Best Reed Richards Figure Yet - March 24, 2018
- Steven Universe Gets a Seriously Cool Vinyl Soundtrack Release from Iam8bit - March 24, 2018
- Funko Star Wars Movie Moments and Gamestop Exclusive Spidey Coming Soon - March 24, 2018
- MLB 2018- The Indians Window May be Closing, But not in The AL Central - March 24, 2018
- John Wick Figure Coming in Winter from MAFEX - March 23, 2018