Seth MacFarlane is having a pretty good year with space, and it looks like that’s not changing anytime soon. Do you remember back in 2014 when MacFarlane partnered up with Ann Druyan and Brannon Braga to create a reboot of the classic series Cosmos? We had it for a single season and were promised more, when the time was right.
Apparently, that time is now. It was announced today that Fox, along with National Geographic, have ordered a second season/continuation series of the reboot. It’ll be called Cosmos: Possible Worlds, and boy are we excited.
Cosmos: Possible Worlds reunites the executive producer team of Druyan, Braga, and Jason Clark, and Macfarlane for a new series ordered by Fox and National Geographic. Yes, Neil deGrasse Tyson is coming back, too.
Check out the teaser that was released with the announcement:
This will be an interesting project this time around, as National Geographic is one of the properties being shuffled around in the Disney-FOX purchase deal. I’m strangely okay with the idea of Disney having NatGeo in their docket, the possibilities are endless.
National Geographic Books is going to publish a companion book for Cosmos: Possible Worlds that is being called a ‘follow up’ to Carl Sagan’s international bestseller Cosmos: A Personal Voyage.
Cosmos: Possible Worlds is produced by Cosmos Studios, the Ithaca, NY-based company Ann Druyan co-founded in 2000, and Fuzzy Door Productions, Seth MacFarlane’s company. Druyan and Brannon Braga are the series’ writers. Druyan, MacFarlane, Braga and Jason Clark executive-produce.
No premiere date has been released yet, but word is we’ll get the new series sometime in the spring of 2019.
- 'Cosmos' Producers Investigating Allegations Against Neil deGrasse Tyson
- Neil DeGrasse Tyson Talks 'Cosmos' Season 2 and More at SDCC
- We Chatted with 'The Orville' Cast and Crew During SDCC
- NatGeo's MARS: Chat About Space, Exploration, and Red During SDCC
- Bob Iger Says No Plans to Change Fox Searchlight After Disney's Fox Acquisition
- All the Glorious Science Fiction TV You Can (and Should) Watch This Year
- Watch: Teenage Seth MacFarlane in a Star Trek Fan Film
- Orville Season 1 Premiere: The Most Honest Take On Star Trek Since Galaxy Quest
- Don't Listen To The Haters; 'The Orville' Is Freaking Great
- Neil deGrasse Tyson On Star Wars Science And His Favorite Time Travel Movie
- Neil DeGrasse Tyson And Family Kick Ass On Celebrity Family Feud
- Neil deGrasse Tyson Explains Why Batman And Superman Would Fight
- NASA Gives Marvel Studios Advice on Rescuing Tony Stark - December 9, 2018
- Box Office: ‘Ralph’ Still on Top, ‘Aquaman’ Rules China - December 9, 2018
- ‘Doctor Who’ New Year’s Day Title Revealed: “Resolution” - December 8, 2018
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Sets 24 Hour Trailer Record with 289 Million Views - December 8, 2018
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Disneyland- The Falcon is Done! - December 8, 2018