Sometimes the cinematic gods let it be known that a film isn’t meant to be made, and none so much than Channing Tatum‘s much-maligned and problematic Gambit. Could it be good? Sure, it if ever gets past the early stages of development.
After several starts and stops including writers, directors, ACTORS, it seemed like the film about the Ragin’ Cajun was finally on the move. Tatum had been on board to play the X-Men character since the get-go, only to leave the project when he disagreed with script choices, but then he came back when that writer got let go and someone else was brought in.
The newest setback is a familiar one for the film, as director Gore Verbinski (Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl) who signed on last year, is pulling out of the hot seat. Deadline says “the split is amicable” and looks like a scheduling conflict at this time.
As far as we can tell, everything is still a go for the film — they just need to find a replacement director. Again.
- WWE NXT Gets a Plethora of New Figures at Target Stores
- Transformers Autobot Ironhide is Coming to the Masterpiece Movie Line
- Star Wars Vintage Collectors Will Love This Ottoman From Walmart
- Luke Cage is the Latest Defender to get a Kotobukiya Statue
- 5 Images from BBC One’s ‘Les Misèrables’ Adaptation - October 16, 2018
- 2019’s ‘The Simpsons’ Treehouse of Horror XXX will be Episode 666 - October 16, 2018
- Eminem Performs Title ‘Venom’ Track at Empire State Building - October 16, 2018
- Lets Talk About Good Eats: Reloaded and Alton Brown - October 15, 2018
- Peter Dinklage Talks Post-Game of Thrones Life, and Tyrion’s Final Day - October 15, 2018