Sometimes the cinematic gods let it be known that a film isn’t meant to be made, and none so much than Channing Tatum‘s much-maligned and problematic Gambit. Could it be good? Sure, it if ever gets past the early stages of development.
After several starts and stops including writers, directors, ACTORS, it seemed like the film about the Ragin’ Cajun was finally on the move. Tatum had been on board to play the X-Men character since the get-go, only to leave the project when he disagreed with script choices, but then he came back when that writer got let go and someone else was brought in.
The newest setback is a familiar one for the film, as director Gore Verbinski (Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl) who signed on last year, is pulling out of the hot seat. Deadline says “the split is amicable” and looks like a scheduling conflict at this time.
As far as we can tell, everything is still a go for the film — they just need to find a replacement director. Again.
- WWE NXT Gets a Plethora of New Figures at Target Stores
- Transformers Autobot Ironhide is Coming to the Masterpiece Movie Line
- Star Wars Vintage Collectors Will Love This Ottoman From Walmart
- Luke Cage is the Latest Defender to get a Kotobukiya Statue
- NASA Gives Marvel Studios Advice on Rescuing Tony Stark - December 9, 2018
- Box Office: ‘Ralph’ Still on Top, ‘Aquaman’ Rules China - December 9, 2018
- ‘Doctor Who’ New Year’s Day Title Revealed: “Resolution” - December 8, 2018
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Sets 24 Hour Trailer Record with 289 Million Views - December 8, 2018
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Disneyland- The Falcon is Done! - December 8, 2018