Netflix has released the official full trailer for their upcoming new series, Altered Carbon. The series is based on the novels of Richard K. Morgan where people have stacks with their essence/life on them that can be transferred to new bodies — like putting a backup of your computer on a USB drive.
The series focuses on Laurens Bancroft (James Purefoy), the wealthiest man on Earth. He has died, and has now hired someone to find out why. To investigate the death, he brings back an ex-Envoy soldier named Takeshi Kovacs (Joel Kinnaman/Will Yun Lee), whom he offers as payment the chance to live again.
From the novels, we know that Bancroft is rich enough to do backups of his stack every 48 hours. And where he says in the trailer that he wants Takeshi to solve his murder, he takes his own life. The mystery being: what could’ve happened in the 48 hours or less from the last backup to make Bancroft kill himself?
The official Netflix synopsis reads:
In the distant future, human consciousness can be digitized and downloaded into different bodies. Brought back to life after 250 years by Laurens Bancroft (James Purefoy) the richest man on Earth, ex-Envoy soldier Takeshi Kovacs (Joel Kinnaman / Will Yun Lee) must solve Bancroft’s attempted murder for the chance to live again in a world he doesn’t recognize.
Altered Carbon premieres February 2nd on Netflix.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018