Two images appeared on the internet this morning featuring the cast of the upcoming Han Solo solo Star Wars spinoff film, being called “official, leaked Han Solo art”. Immediately the debate of “real or not real” raged, with the majority of fans leaning towards “not.”
One of the images features Russian letters and words, so it’s a safe bet we know the country of origin. And now we know it’s actually from a Russian merchandising site.
— One Minute Critic (@1MinuteCritic) December 27, 2017
As it stands, it looks like LucasFilm and Disney have since said the ‘artwork’ isn’t real, so says ThePlaylist. “Lucasfilm and Disney have informed ScreenRant that the artwork isn’t official,” Playlist writes.
Thank goodness, because those images are terrible. Sure, they do kind of go with what we’ve heard about the script, that it’s a Star Wars heist film featuring the galaxy far, far away’s most notable scruffy-looking nerf herder smuggler — but they did not look good.
Alden Ehrenreich is playing young Han Solo, Donald Glover is young Lando Calrissian, Emilia Clarke‘s character Kira remains a mystery at this time, Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca, Woody Harrelson as Beckett, and several other rumored appearances that we have no way of knowing are accurate or not at this point.
The film was originally being directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller, but we know how that turned out. The pair were ultimately fired from the project, and Ron Howard was brought in to finish the picture.
Solo: A Star Wars Story is due to hit theaters in May of 2018.
- Official Synopsis for Solo: A Star Wars Story Is Here, Teases [SPOILER] First Meeting
- Disney Just Made Back the $4 Billion They Paid for Lucasfilm
- It's Been A Year Since We Lost Carrie Fisher, And It Still Hurts
- Paul Bettany Says More of Solo: A Star Wars Story was Reshot Than Originally Intended
- [SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Our Beloved Princess-General
- Watch: Star Wars Holiday Special, Thank the Maker Special Edition