Is there a point to enforcing the law in the face of certain destruction? With the end of the world looming, how far would you go to make things right? Those are just some of the themes to be tackled by Neil Cross‘ (Luther) Hard Sun, a six-part “pre-apocalyptic” crime drama from BBC One and Hulu. Written by Cross and directed by Brian Kirk (Game of Thrones), the limited series stars Agyness Deyn as Detective Inspector Elaine Renko and Jim Sturgess as Detective Chief Inspector Charlie Hicks in what could literally be the last partnership for either of them.
You can check out the first trailer for Hard Sun here:
In an interview with Deadline: Hollywood, Cross spoke about the project:
“We had a blast making it. We filmed from January to end of May. Of course, making TV is always difficult but there’s no reason on God’s Earth why doing what we do shouldn’t be fun. In some ways it’s been a relatively simple process in that I wrote all the episodes but, and I’m trying to find a non-clichéd way of saying creative relationship, there isn’t one. It’s been very relaxed and fruitful.”
Set in contemporary London, Hicks is a family man and a great, committed officer. He’s also profoundly corrupt. Renko is a difficult and damaged, but utterly incorruptible officer. Thus, the two cops stand on different ends of the social and moral spectrum and also seriously distrust one other – and for good reason. But they must somehow learn to work together if they’re going to survive until the end of the world.
Produced by Euston Films, Hard Sun will premiere first on BBC One on January 6, 2018, before debuting on Hulu on March 7, 2018. Kate Harwood for Euston Films and Elizabeth Kilgarriff for BBC One will serve as executive producers.
- How Things Got To Be: A Look Back at Season 2 Finale ‘The End of the Road’ [The Road to Angelville: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Week] - June 23, 2018
- American Gods Season 2 Update: Cast Dinner, Axe Throwing, and a Stormare Selfie - June 23, 2018
- The Grail Finds Jesse, God-Dog Rolls Out, and Humperdoo Dances in ‘Preacher’ Season 3 Preview [The Road to Angelville: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Week] - June 23, 2018
- Preacher Previews: Cassidy Talks Tulip with Jesse, Unrequited Love with Gran’ma [The Road to Angelville: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Week] - June 22, 2018
- Time’s Up for NBC’s ‘Timeless’ as Network Cancels Series for Second Time - June 22, 2018