The CW continues to promote their new DCTV series Black Lightning. In this new seven second teaser we see Jefferson Pierce standing in the rain with lightning in his eyes. There is a voice over that says, “People out there need me. Black Lightning is back.” This is a pretty intense-looking scene with Pierce in a suit, not his battle outfit, so it’s fair to say this is the night he decides to get back into the game.
The series stars Cress Williams as former hero-turned-high school principal Jefferson Pierce, who gets pulled back into the fight, after nine years away, when those he cares about in the crosshairs of the menacing local gang The One Hundred. The series also stars Nafessa Williams as Anissa Pierce, China Anne McClain as Jennifer Pierce, Marvin “Krondon” Jones III as Tobias Whale, Jill Scott as Lady Eve, Chantal Thuy as Grace Choi, James Remar as Peter Gambi, and Damn Gupton as Inspector Henderson. The show comes from executive producers Greg Berlanti, Salim Akil & Mara Brock Akil and Sarah Schechter is based on the DC Comic character created by artist Trevor Von Eeden and writer Tony Isabella in the pages of Black Lightning #1 (1977).
Black Lightning premieres on Tuesday, January 16th at 9 p.m. ET following the mid-season return of The Flash on the CW.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018