Halloween is doing everything right. Nick Castle, one of the men who played Michael Myers in the original 1978 horror classic, will donning the mask in the 2018 film. The Blumhouse production, which is also bringing back Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode, is really going for broke.
Castle is a horror icon. Other than playing Michael Myers, he has had a long and successful career in Hollywood. He has written or helped write such films as Escape From New York, Escape from L.A., and Hook. He has also directed quite a few comedic films like Dennis the Menace, Major Payne, and Mr. Wrong. He most famously directed the sci-fi classic The Last Starfighter. But most will always remember him as the man behind the mask terrorizing Haddonfield on that fateful Halloween night.
Jason James Courtney has also been tapped to play Michael in the film. Also a major coup for the film- Oscar winning effects and makeup artist Christopher Allen Nelson has joined the production team as well. He is coming off work on Bright for Netflix and some little independent film called Avengers: Infinity War. He also won the Academy Award for makeup for his work on Suicide Squad.
As a huge Halloween fan, this production seem to be doing everything right. I feel like David Gordon Green and Danny McBride have a pretty firm grasp on what made the material work in the first place. John Carpenter has not only given his blessing, but is coming on to score the film. Doing little things like this, bringing back people involved with the original production and bringing that spirit to the proceedings is exactly the type of thing these legacy properties need. This one especially. Michael will always hold a special place in moviegoers’ hearts, and to see them take the property seriously and handle it with care warms my black heart.
Halloween will hit theaters on October 19th, 2018.
First seen on Bloody Disgusting
- Jamie Lee Curtis Dons a Wig for 'Halloween', Production Begins on New Film
- Happy Birthday to John Carpenter, the Very Much Alive Master of Horror
- Michelle Williams and Mark Wahlberg reshot All the Money in the World For Free
- This Month's Loot Crate Has an Exclusive Comic Prequel to Star Wars: The Force Awakens Starring Rey
- Jeremy Renner Wants a Hawkeye Solo Movie, But Make It Soon: "I Don’t Want to Be in My 50s in Tights"
- My Hero Academia and RWBY FCBD Releases: VIZ Media March 2018 Solicits
- The Lonely Island Tap Paul Mather to Showrun Their Series 'Alone Together'
- Terry Crews Wants to Draw Comics – and Plenty of People Will Let Him
- Happy! Season 1, Episode 2 Recap: "Everyone Hates You, Sax"
- Andy Serkis's Jungle Book Gets a Title Change and a Synopsis
- Netflix Renews German Thriller Dark for a Second Season
- Meet Young Catherine Langford in the Stargate Origins Trailer