Avengers: Infinity War is looking like it’s going to be one of the big movies of 2018 — there’s no doubt about that. There were a few people missing from that first trailer, though, and the South China Morning Post spoke to one of those missing people: Jeremy Renner, who plays Clint Barton, AKA Hawkeye.
“I don’t pay attention to that sort of stuff,” he says dismissively when asked about his absence from the trailer. “I was just excited that we got a trailer together and it’s coming out – that is a pretty killer trailer.”
There is one thing he doesn’t appear to be too happy about, and that’s the new haircut that Renner is rocking for the new movie.
“A haircut is a haircut”, Renner says with a shrug. “Sometimes I get a choice in the matter, and sometimes …” he shrugs again, gesturing towards his closely shaved temples.
Renner finds himself in the same place that many fellow Disney actors (see: Star Wars) are — he wants to talk about the movie, but he knows that he can’t without getting in trouble.
“It’s difficult, because you want to speak about the movie but you can’t. There’s a lot of superheroes in it,” Renner says with a chuckle. “And it’s gonna be big and it’s gonna be awesome. But I can’t really talk about the movie.”
There have been a lot of fan theories about where Hawkeye is going in these next two movies. People have said the look he has seems similar to that of Ronin, but Renner won’t confirm or deny anything.
“I can’t get into the theories … I know [Ronin] is in the comics, but otherwise I don’t really know anything about that stuff,” he says. “We’re doing a lot of really wondrous things that I’ve always wanted to do with this character … I think everyone will be very pleased when they find out what happens.”
There is something Renner would be down to do as long as it isn’t too far in the future: a Hawkeye solo movie.
“It would be a wonderful thing,” he says. “Just don’t wait too long! I don’t want to be in my 50s in tights.”
How about a Netflix show with Kate Bishop where they are protecting a New York City apartment building instead? There’s a dog in that plot line, and everyone loves dogs.
The Avengers and their allies must be willing to sacrifice all in an attempt to defeat the powerful Thanos before his blitz of devastation and ruin puts an end to the universe.
Avengers: Infinity War, directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, stars Robert Downey Jr., Josh Brolin, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Olsen, Sebastian Stan, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Bettany, Chadwick Boseman, Benedict Wong, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan, Vin Diesel, Dave Bautista, Pom Klementieff, Scarlett Johansson, Don Cheadle, Tom Holland, Bradley Cooper, Sean Gunn, and Anthony Mackie. It will be released on May 4th, 2018.
- Batman from Gotham by Gaslight Gets the Statue He Deserves
- Pacific Rim Uprising Gets a Second Wave of Figures from Diamond Select
- Resident Evil's Leon Kennedy Coming from Kotobukiya
- Halloween Adds Original Michael Myers Nick Castle to 2018 Film
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Producer Brad Lewis Talks Wrapping the Trilogy at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Jay Baruchel Talks Letting Hiccup Go at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Christian Rivers Talks Peter Jackson Mentoring Him at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Robert Sheehan Talks Filming a Green Screen Heavy Production at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Stephen Lang Talks His Not So Human Character at NYCC - October 13, 2018