Square Enix has detailed the open beta for Dissidia Final Fantasy NT announced for Japan this past weekend at Jump Festa 2018.
Before you scream at me that the beta will only be accessible in Japan, based on the open beta schedules for Japan, it seems likely the worldwide version of the game will also see new open beta periods. After all, the Japanese and worldwide versions of the game will have a few notable differences outside of language localization.
As SE had previously announced, the open beta will take place from 18:00 to 23:00 JST on the following dates:
- December 23rd and 24th
- December 30th and 31st
- January 6th and 7th
That open beta includes quite a few new modes and features for the game, which were detailed by the publisher this weekend.
- Class Match – A mode to play online three-versus-three party battles.
- Class Match (Solo) – Form a party controlled by only yourself and battle against players across the country.
- Class Match (Party) – Form a party with friends and battle against players across the country.
- Rush Battle – A single-player mode to play a series of three-versus-three party battles against the computer.
- Customize – Customize various elements, including EX Skills, character skins, symbol chat, and more.
- Story – Unlock lost memories and experience the warriors’ battle. The “Memoria” required to unlock those memories can be obtained by increasing your P.LV.
- Treasure – By opening the “Treasures” you obtain in each mode, you can obtain various rewards, including character skins, symbol chats, player icons, and more.
Dissidia also got a few new screenshots to go with the announcement — you can check those out below. Dissidia Final Fantasy NT is due out for PlayStation 4 on January 11th in Japan, and January 30th in North America and Europe.