Age of Comics is the latest comic book store to follow Diamond Comic Distributors programme for stores to expand their locations. They now have a new, much larger location in Albuquerque, New Mexico, just opened.
And for their grand opening, they attracted appearances of the creators of the New Mutants comic book Bob McLeod and Chris Claremont, who signed comics and met fans, as well as opening what the store call their “Danger Room” – featuring valuable and sought after comics.
And for the first weekend, that included the first two issues of Wonder Woman on display. Worth almost one-and-a-half million together, they went straight back into storage afterwards.
The new store is a 3000 square foot location, as opposed to the previous 800 square foot and located in Osuna near Jefferson, right next to cosplay store Cos Cosplay, intended to be a symbiotic relationship.
And their customer service seems to be above and beyond. One customer posts to their Facebook page,
I was visiting recently from Seattle and looking for a good shop with gold and silver age books. Not only did I find exactly what I was looking for, the owner came and picked me up after Uber couldn’t find the stores address. Who does that? After shopping for two hours, he offered me a ride back to my hotel going out of his way to do so. Although ‘I Like Comics’ in Vancouver will always be my favorite shop, Age of Comics, is an amazing shop. They have an incredible selection of keys, graded comics and all the trappings of the best shops in the United States (and I’ve been all over). I just wish the new giant sentinel head that will soon be breaking through the back wall had been in place during my visit.
That would be this Sentinel, I guess…
The local news was on hand to record the occasion…
- Scott Snyder Will Announce His New DC Project on Friday at San Diego Comic-Con - July 18, 2018
- San Diego Unveils All-Year-Round Comic-Con Museum [VIDEO] - July 18, 2018
- Gail Simone Joins Lion Forge’s Catalyst Prime as Chief Architect - July 18, 2018
- Lettered Previews: Extermination #1, Asgardians of the Galaxy #1, and West Coast Avengers #1 - July 18, 2018
- Steve Orlando and Travel Foreman to Revive Jack Kirby’s Great Disaster with Electric Warriors - July 18, 2018