Despite the fact that filming for Venom began back in October, we actually know very little about the movie itself. That thing we don’t know that much about, unfortunately, includes the cast. We’ve had a lot of rumors, but not much in the way of confirmations when it comes to cast members. And now we have another one today this one coming from The Hollywood Reporter. They are reporting that Woody Harrelson is in talks to join the movie in an undisclosed role. There have been rumors about Harrelson’s involvement for months, and Sony has no comment on the casting.
If a deal is made, it would mark a reunion for Harrelson with helmer Ruben Fleischer, who directed the actor in the hit 2009 zombie comedy Zombieland. Venom is already deep into production — filming began in October — and rumors of Harrelson’s involvement have swirled on-and-off.
We’re probably a few months away from seeing any footage, but a first look should be coming soon. Maybe before the end of the year.
Venom, directed by Ruben Fleischer, will star Tom Hardy. There are other rumored, but not confirmed, cast members which include Riz Ahmed, Jenny Slate, Reid Scott, and Michelle Williams. It will be released on October 5th, 2018.
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – Shuri is More “Tech-Savvy” Than Iron Man - April 18, 2018