Despite the fact that filming for Venom began back in October, we actually know very little about the movie itself. That thing we don’t know that much about, unfortunately, includes the cast. We’ve had a lot of rumors, but not much in the way of confirmations when it comes to cast members. And now we have another one today this one coming from The Hollywood Reporter. They are reporting that Woody Harrelson is in talks to join the movie in an undisclosed role. There have been rumors about Harrelson’s involvement for months, and Sony has no comment on the casting.
If a deal is made, it would mark a reunion for Harrelson with helmer Ruben Fleischer, who directed the actor in the hit 2009 zombie comedy Zombieland. Venom is already deep into production — filming began in October — and rumors of Harrelson’s involvement have swirled on-and-off.
We’re probably a few months away from seeing any footage, but a first look should be coming soon. Maybe before the end of the year.
Venom, directed by Ruben Fleischer, will star Tom Hardy. There are other rumored, but not confirmed, cast members which include Riz Ahmed, Jenny Slate, Reid Scott, and Michelle Williams. It will be released on October 5th, 2018.
- [Sundance 2018] The Guilty Review: A Game of Telephone That Doesn’t Quite Connect - January 19, 2018
- [Sundance 2018] Our New President Review: A Terrifying Montage of Russian Propaganda - January 19, 2018
- It’s Jaeger vs. Jaeger in New Pacific Rim Uprising Images - January 18, 2018
- The Writer of The Jungle Book 2 Gives an Update on the Movie - January 18, 2018
- New Tomb Raider Trailer Drops Tomorrow — Here’s a Teaser - January 17, 2018