With USA‘s Mr. Robot set to roll out its third season finale Wednesday night, the network and show creator Sam Esmail took to Twitter and Instagram to announce that the series would be returning for a fourth season. In fact, Esmail wanted to show fans that they weren’t wasting any time getting started on the new season by giving them their first look at the show’s Season 4 writers’ room:
— Mr. Robot (@whoismrrobot) December 13, 2017
Here’s a look at the original extended trailer for Mr. Robot, and an overall synopsis of the series:
The series follows Elliot Alderson (Rami Malek), a young man living in New York City, who works at the cyber security company Allsafe as a security engineer. Constantly struggling with social anxiety disorder, dissociative identity disorder and clinical depression, Elliot’s thought process seems heavily influenced by paranoia and delusion. He connects to people by hacking them, which often leads him to act as a cyber-vigilante. He is recruited by a mysterious insurrectionist-anarchist known as Mr. Robot (Christian Slater) and joins his team of hacktivists known as fsociety. One of their missions is to cancel all consumer debt by destroying the data of one of the largest corporations in the world, E Corp (which Elliot perceives as Evil Corp), which also happens to be Allsafe’s biggest client.
Joining Malek and Slater are cast members Portia Doubleday, Carly Chaikin, Martin Wallström, Grace Gummer, Michael Cristofer, Bobby Cannavale, and BD Wong. Esmail serves as executive producer alongside Steve Golin and Chad Hamilton, with Kyle Bradstreet and Joseph E. Iberti as co-executive producers.
On Monday, Slater received his third consecutive Golden Globe nomination for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television, which he won in 2016. Malek has been nominated twice for a Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series, Drama; and won the Emmy in 2016 for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series.
The Season 3 finale of Mr. Robot premieres tonight on USA at 10 p.m. ET/9 CT.
- A.P. Bio Season 2: Class is Back in Session as Cast Offers Filming Updates - October 18, 2018
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 1: Sabrina Really Needs to Reschedule; Cast, Crew Talk Series (PREVIEW) - October 18, 2018
- Dorian: CW Adapting Oscar Wilde’s The Picture Of Dorian Gray as Female-Led Comedy Series - October 18, 2018
- The Hypnotist’s Love Story: ABC Adapting ‘Big Little Lies’ Author’s Novel; Heather Graham Stars, EP - October 18, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 2, Episode 2 – ‘The Book of Consequences: Chapter Two – Black Jesus Blues’: Facing Some Dark Truths (RECAP) - October 18, 2018