Sony Music Entertainment Japan has announced that their new indie games label Unites will be debuting its first title, AREA 35’s Tiny Metal, on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC on December 21st.
With its fusion of classic turn-based strategy battles and modern 3D graphics powered by Unreal Engine, Tiny Metal is sure to entertain fans all around the world. Despite the fact that the game is built on the classic turn-based strategy genre, it’s filled with brand-new systems and unique twists on old favorites.
Tiny Metal has positioned itself as a return to Japanese Arcade War Gaming in a turn-based strategy game of skill and tactics inspired by Japanese arcade war games of the past (like the Advance Wars series). In the game, you step into a kingdom reeling from an assassination and your job is to restore order through military success. Roll out tanks, take control of cities, launch aerial strikes, expand your squad, and struggle for territory in a stylistic tactical war game for all ages.
Play as Artemisian Lieutenant Nathan Gries as he commands his units against the villainous nation of Zipang. Players will have to carefully consider varying terrain, positioning for attacks, and strategic advancements and defenses.
- Campaign mode: Follow the gripping story of Nathan and his unit as they struggle with the war and question what is — and what isn’t — worth fighting for in a 20-hour campaign full of unique characters of various factions.
- Multiplayer: Soon-to-be added online mode will test you against other players in 1-on-1 matches online or via local play!
- Skirmish Matches: Jump straight into the action with dozens of skirmish matches that challenge the player with fun scenarios against a variety of foes.
- Units: Take control of 15 unique units, from basic Riflemen to advanced Gunships and Metals, each with their own strengths and weakness. Witness your units get stronger as they gain experience on the battlefield.
- Terrain: Different terrain types offer various bonuses, rewarding players who take advantage of the forest, cities, and factories scattered around the maps. Some terrain even gives players access to new units and powerful hero units!
- Music: Bop along to the beats of Tiny Metal‘s upbeat soundtrack composed by the Japanese musical prodigy Tomoki Miyoshi, whose past works include Soulcalibur V, Steins;Gate and I am Setsuna.
- A Better Look At SoulCalibur VI With New Gameplay Footage
- Konami Confirms That Metal Gear Survive Will Include Micro-transactions - January 20, 2018
- Review: There’s a Good Game in Blade & Soul… Somewhere - January 20, 2018
- Seven: The Days Long Gone: Fantastic, if a Bit Too Unconventional - January 20, 2018
- Warframe Review: Better Than Ever, but Still a Major Grind - January 20, 2018
- Endless Day Starts Strong this Year with Endless Space 2’s Vaulters Expansion - January 20, 2018