It was just about this time last year that Valiant unveiled first word that they would be relaunching X-O Manowar #1 by Matt Kindt and Tomas Giorello in March 2017.
That book would go on to become the biggest-selling independent #1 issue of 2017.
Now, with March 2018 solicits set to drop any day now, Valiant looks to be making an equally momentous push for a new Shadowman ongoing series, beginning today the release with a new teaser image featuring a Saul Bass-inspired logo.
Might this indicate a stylistic shift over the character’s previous incarnations?
We already know the new Shadowman series will be claiming X-O Manowar’s March 28th release date, but, for now at least, no word on a creative team. Expect that to change by week’s end.
Shadowman — AKA Jack Boniface, a New Orleans native empowered by voodoo spirit to guard our world against paranormal incursions — is historically one of Valiant’s four or five most successful properties, but has gone without a solo series since 2013.
Perhaps emboldened by the success of X-O Manowar, as well as recent launches like Secret Weapons and Ninja-K (not to mention an upcoming Shadowman feature film, directed by Reggie Hudlin), all signs point to this series being the publisher’s biggest ongoing launch of 2018. And it’s one that they intend to make have a similarly splashy debut, no doubt…
More as it develops…
- Rags #1 3rd Printing, Punchline #1 2nd Printing from Antarctic Press - December 10, 2018
- Joe Illidge, No Longer Executive Editor at Valiant Entertainment (UPDATED) - December 10, 2018
- What Avengers: Endgame May Owe to Roy Thomas and Avengers #71 - December 10, 2018
- Vancouver’s The Comicshop to Close - December 10, 2018
- J Scott Campbell Published His Own Captain Marvel Covers - December 10, 2018