AMC is taking to the high seas for their next tale of terror, confirming a release date for Ridley Scott‘s thriller series The Terror, while also releasing a teaser trailer and first-look images. Based on Dan Simmons‘s novel and executive produced by Scott, David Kajganich, and Soo Hugh, the two-hour season premiere of the historical drama is set to debut on Monday, March 26th, 2018.
You can check out the teaser trailer for the 10-episode series below, along with an official synopsis from AMC:
Inspired by a true story and adapted from the best-selling novel by Dan Simmons, The Terror centers on the Royal Navy’s perilous voyage into unchartered territory as the crew attempts to discover the Northwest Passage. Faced with treacherous conditions, limited resources, dwindling hope and fear of the unknown, the crew is pushed to the brink of extinction. Frozen, isolated and stuck at the end of the earth, The Terror highlights all that can go wrong when a group of men, desperate to survive, struggle not only with the elements, but with each other.
The Terror stars Jared Harris (The Crown) as Captain Francis Crozier; Tobias Menzies (Outlander) as Captain James Fitzjames; Ciarán Hinds (Game of Thrones) as Sir John Franklin; Paul Ready (Cuffs) as Dr. Henry Goodsir; Adam Nagaitis (Suffragette) as Cornelius Hickey; Nive Nielsen (The New World) as Lady Silence; Ian Hart (Neverland) as Thomas Blanky; and Trystan Gravelle (Mr. Selfridge) as Henry Collins.
“The Terror captures a rare combination of fascinating history, complex and flawed characters, the inextinguishable human spirit and the horror and promise of an uncharted world. We are looking forward to bringing viewers into this world in March.”
– David Kajganich and Soo Hugh
The Terror is produced by Scott Free, Emjag Productions and Entertainment 360 in conjunction with AMC Studios. Scott, David W. Zucker, Alexandra Milchan, Scott Lambert, and Guymon Casady will serve as executive producers alongside Kajganich and Hugh on the project.
- Let's Talk About AMC's 'The Terror': A Strange Trip for 'Rome' Fans
- Tobias Menzies Takes Over Prince Philip From Matt Smith for 'The Crown' S3
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 1: Sabrina Really Needs to Reschedule; Cast, Crew Talk Series (PREVIEW) - October 18, 2018
- Dorian: CW Adapting Oscar Wilde’s The Picture Of Dorian Gray as Female-Led Comedy Series - October 18, 2018
- The Hypnotist’s Love Story: ABC Adapting ‘Big Little Lies’ Author’s Novel; Heather Graham Stars, EP - October 18, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 2, Episode 2 – ‘The Book of Consequences: Chapter Two – Black Jesus Blues’: Facing Some Dark Truths (RECAP) - October 18, 2018
- American Horror Story: Apocalypse Season 8, Episode 6 ‘Return to Murder House’ Brings Hope, Closure to End Times (REVIEW) - October 18, 2018