#SavePlayer1 was revealed tonight during the Video Game Awards. The video below hilariously campaigns to have the Single Player gaming experience saved from the brink. It stars Lynda Carter as well, check it out below, along with a message from Bethesda:
Gaming, like life, is often about social interaction – a time to join with others in a common cause, or to simply exorcise a few demons with some cathartic virtual carnage. But sometimes you just need a little time away. A place where you can go to escape the vicissitudes of everyday life. And that’s where a great single-player game comes in. Once upon a time, these solitary experiences dominated the gaming landscape. But in recent years, with multiplayer on the rise, single-player games have become fewer in number. Meanwhile, the community has been clamoring for more single-player games, and the media has penned a panoply of pieces bemoaning the loss of single-player experiences. But never fear! Bethesda is here to help.
In a new video that debuted at The Game Awards, starring none other than Lynda Carter, we share our vision for saving the single player. So whether you pick up Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, The Evil Within 2, Prey, Dishonored 2, DOOM, Fallout 4: Game of the Year, Skyrim Special Edition – or all of the above – rest assured that Bethesda has you covered with a critically acclaimed, award-winning single-player game that’s just what you need. In the coming weeks, we’ll also be sharing your stories about single-player games on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and more. So be sure to join in the fun with the hashtag: #SavePlayer1
That is actually pretty damn hilarious. As a life-long advocate for the single player experience myself, this message has touched me deeply and I will be helping to spread the word. We are not alone.
- Dishonored 2 Will Be Getting A Graphic Novel This Month
- Fallout 4 UIF Is Now Available For Download With New Faction
- Wolfenstein II Will Be Coming To Nintendo Switch Next Year
- Batman Gets His Justice League Hot Toys Release
- The Game Awards: New Trailer for Piratical 'Sea of Thieves' Hits
- Zelda BotW DLC Expansion The Champions Ballad Live NOW
- Dying Light is Getting a Battle Royale Standalone Expansion Called Bad Blood
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Already Has Xbox-Exclusive Cosmetics up for Sale
- Valve Is No Longer Accepting Bitcoin on Steam
- There's a New Portal Game Coming, and It's a Mashup with Bridge Constructor
- My 9-Year-Old Says Portal Knights on the Nintendo Switch is "Better Than Zelda"
- Overwatch League's Preseason Starts Today
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Unveils Desert Map, Miramar, with New Details
- Making Racing A Little Harder: A Quick Review Of 'Lightfield'
- Exclusive Extended Previews of Barbarella #1, Red Sonja #11, and More
- Knightfall Star Tom Cullen Talks Crusaders and History
- Let’s Take a Look at Scream Factory’s Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Next Generation Blu-ray - December 11, 2018
- Just About Every Walking Dead Comic Ever is in an Auction Ending Today on Comic Connect - December 11, 2018
- NECA Releasing Yet Another Ultimate Pennywise Figure in 2019 - December 11, 2018
- Fallout Fans Will Want to Order the New Toynk Nanoforce Figures - December 11, 2018
- Into the Dark’s January Episode ‘New Year, New You’ is First Blumhouse Production Directed by a Woman - December 11, 2018