CBS All Access is set to travel through another dimension; a dimension not only of sight and sound and mind, but (hopefully) also of lots and lots of new subscribers. The streaming service made it official on Wednesday: that signpost up ahead means their next stop will be a revival of the classic television series The Twilight Zone.
A month after it was announced that they were attached to the project, Jordan Peele (Get Out, Key & Peele), Simon Kinberg, and Marco Ramirez are confirmed as executive producers for the series and will also collaborate on the show’s premiere episode. Win Rosenfeld and Audrey Chon will also serve as executive producers; with CBS Television Studios handling production alongside Monkeypaw Productions and Genre Films.
“Too many times this year it’s felt we were living in a twilight zone, and I can’t think of a better moment to reintroduce it to modern audiences.” – Jordan Peele.
“The Twilight Zone was a touchstone in my life. The opportunity to continue its lineage is a dream come true, and I’m so thrilled to be doing it with Jordan, Marco, and the team at CBS All Access.” – Simon Kinberg
The Twilight Zone is the most recent addition to CBS All Access’s growing original programming slate, which also includes its first comedy series, No Activity; The Good Fight, returning for a second season in early 2018; and Star Trek: Discovery, which was renewed for a second season and will return on January 7, 2018. CBS All Access continues to expand with the previously announced $1, Strange Angel and Kevin Williamson‘s Tell Me A Story.
“The original Twilight Zone bridged science-fiction, horror, and fantasy together to explore human nature and provide social commentary in a way that audiences had never seen before. Under the auspices of Jordan Peele, Simon Kinberg, and Marco Ramirez, and with the creative freedom that the CBS All Access platform affords, this is an incredible opportunity to bring today’s audiences a modern reimagining of this iconic series.”
– Julie McNamara, Executive Vice President, Original Content, CBS All Access
- Heathers Season 1: Your Guide to Paramount Network’s 5-Night “Binge Event” - October 19, 2018
- Kidding Season 1, Episode 7 ‘Kintsugi’: “Mr. Pickles-san” Pays a Visit (PREVIEW) - October 19, 2018
- Charmed s01e02 ‘Let This Mother Out’: Can The Vera Sisters Trust Harry Greenwood? (PREVIEW) - October 19, 2018
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 13, Episode 7: ‘The Gang Does a Clip Show’ as Only They Can (REVIEW) - October 19, 2018
- The Walking Dead Season 9, Episode 3 ‘Warning Signs’: Saviors Want Answers from “The Widow” (PREVIEW) - October 19, 2018