Valerio Schiti is an Italian artist, hired by new EIC C.B. Cebulski back when he was a talent manager attending a European comic convention. Best known at Marvel for his work on Guardians of the Galaxy, he has also drawn Mighty Thor, Journey Into Mystery, New Avengers and Ms. Marvel, as well as working on Battle Beasts and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles over at IDW.
But his change of profile photo on Facebook yesterday caused all sorts of folks to get in a twitter… and contact me saying, “What’s going on???”
The responses on his page were similarly excited.
With Disney back on buying Fox, Marvel making baby steps to bringing back a Fantastic Four comic, and a new EIC in charge wanting to put his stamp on things, could this be an intriguing tease?
The Fantastic Four comic at Marvel has been gone since a particularly fruitless meeting between Marvel and Fox executives over the rights to the Fantastic Four and X-Men movies, which had been sold to Fox during the Marvel bankruptcy period and can be perpetually renewed. A lack of willingness to negotiate on Fox’s part saw Marvel, in a fit of pique, cancel Fantastic Four comics and merchandise ahead of the Fantastic Four movie, and limit X-Men licenses. Games were cancelled, T-shirts were edited, trading cards were restricted, poster licenses withdrawn, international publishing rights were removed and Marvel acted often as if Fantastic Four and X-Men movies in the cinemas simply didn’t exist. But that was then, and things change. Slowly.
And Valerio Schiti is the penciller for Marvel 2-In-One #3, featuring ex-Fantastic Four members the Thing and Human Torch, with the storyline The Fate Of The Four. So is this a tease? Or is sometimes a four just a four? Anyone fancy some mindless speculation?
MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #3 LEG
(W) Chip Zdarsky (A) Valerio Schiti (CA) Jim Cheung
THE FATE OF THE FOUR Part 3
• Flame off! Johnny Storm is losing his powers, but why?
• And who is the mysterious woman who says she can help?
• Plus: The MAD THINKER and DOOM square off over REED RICHARDS as “THE FATE OF THE FOUR” continues!
Rated TIn Shops: Feb 14, 2018
- The Man Who Reinvented Flintstones and Snagglepuss Does the Same For Red Sonja - November 19, 2018
- Marvel Publish League of Legends Comic Book, Digitally First - November 19, 2018
- Last Tuesday, POW Entertainment Registered 4 New Stan Lee-Related Trademarks - November 19, 2018
- John Constantine and Swamp Thing Have a Brand New Trick in Justice League Dark #5 - November 19, 2018
- Aquaman UK Release Date Moves Up Two Days to the 12th December - November 19, 2018