The CW likes to do spinoffs from their successful series. The Originals spun out of the Vampire Diaries. Arrow started setting up The Flash during their second season and both series set up DC’s Legends of Tomorrow a year later. But their longest-running series, Supernatural, has not had a spinoff… until now. The CW is doing what is known as a ‘backdoor pilot’ for the Wayward Sisters.
A backdoor pilot is a pilot that airs within another series, so there is an upcoming episode of Supernatural that will start the story of Sheriff Jody Mills (Kim Rhodes) and a group of troubled young women, all of them orphaned by supernatural tragedy. Under Mills’s training and protection, the women will emerge as a supreme monster-fighting force. Unlike the original series, which centers on biological brothers, Wayward Sisters is about a sisterhood of girls in a foster family. Also included in the group are Claire (Kathryn Love Newton), Alex (Katherine Ramdeen), Donna (Brianna Buckmaster), Patience (Clark Backo), and Kaia (Yadira Guevara-Prip).
It’s about time we get a good monster-hunting spinoff.
EW.com got an exclusive first look at the Wayward Sisters. The backdoor pilot is set to air on Thursday, January 18th on The CW.
- Morningwood, a Funny New Novel for Fans of Warcraft and D&D - December 17, 2017
- Marvin Lewis Expected to Leave the Cincinnati Bengals After This Season - December 17, 2017
- How the Disney Buyout of Fox Could be Bad for Marvel Fans - December 17, 2017
- Netflix Releases Bright PSA-Style Video on Properly Handling a Magic Wand - December 17, 2017
- Kevin Hart Gets His Superhero on for Saturday Night Live - December 17, 2017