Disney’s Jungle Cruise, announced in 2015 and finally greenlit earlier this year, is hard to envision. Is it going to be a more serious take on the popular attraction or something a little more cartoony and silly? Are we talking Pirates of the Caribbean or Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle? Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson‘s inclusion only muddies the waters further, as he is quite proficient in the stone-faced roles as well as the goofy ones. At this point, what this movie actually ‘looks’ like is a little hard to grasp. Well, we have a little better idea of the kind of thing it’s pulling from now.
EW spoke to The Rock recently and the topic of the movie came up. It seems he’s excited about it, and in doing so, invoked the most obvious ‘adventure film’ point of reference he could. He said:
“[It’s] full on adventure. Think Indiana Jones — those kinds of adventures. I’m very, very excited about it.”
“This is where I really started to understand the power of Disney, just in terms of the deep dives that they do with their projects — with all of their projects. Because obviously they’re a studio and publicly traded, but specifically with projects like this where it’s based off a ride and based off an beloved attraction, like Pirates [of the Caribbean], so, so much goes into the work. And it’s so exciting.”
While it’s an easy reference to make, saying the movie is looking at Indiana Jones could well tell us something about the tone here. I really can’t wait to see what this thing ends up looking like.
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle's Gag Reel is Almost Better Than the Movie
- Disney's 'Jungle Cruise' Movie Still Happening, Emily Blunt Joins The Rock
- Jumanji Review: From Board Game To Video Game And It's Nothing But Fun
- Batman Gets a Tactical Suit One:12 Collective Upgrade
- Black Panther Gets Two LEGO Sets from the Film
- Halo Infinite Won’t Have a Battle Royale Mode - July 20, 2018
- Todd Howard Doesn’t Want to Remaster Morrowind - July 20, 2018
- Microsoft Controls Whether Alan Wake and Quantum Break Get Sequels, Says Remedy - July 18, 2018
- Base Game and Previous Expansions Now Part of World of Warcraft’s Subscription - July 18, 2018
- Destiny 2 Adds Bounties Back into the Game Alongside Other Improvements in New Patch - July 18, 2018