The Oni Press comic Bad Medicine has been picked up for development by NBC. According to Deadline, the project comes from the Midnight, Texas co-executive producers Mark Krueger and executive producer David Janollari along with T.G.I.M Films and Universal TV. Kruger will be writing the character-driven procedural that combines a world-renowned and recently disgraced physician and a former NYPD detective with a violent streak as they lead a group of scientists as part of the Global Disease Detection Unit of the CDC.
The comic series comes from Nunsio DeFilippis, Christina Weir and drawn by Christopher Mitten. It ran for five issues starting in 2012. It was collected into a trade in 2013. DeFilippis and Weir got their start in television working on shows like Kim Possible and Arli$$. Mitten is scheduled to do an upcoming Hellboy spinoff from Dark Horse next.
Kruger was a consulting producer on CBS summer drama series Salvation, which has been renewed. He was also a co-executive producer on Teen Wolf and Damien.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018