Answering the never-asked question of what would result from a cross between Indiana Jones and The Da Vinci Code, CBS has given a straight-to-series order to new 13-episode action-adventure series Blood & Treasure. Marc Webb is set to direct the one-hour series from a script written by executive producers Matt Federman and Stephen Scaia. Taylor Elmore will serve as showrunner, with the series expected to premiere in Summer 2019.
The series centers on a brilliant antiquities expert and a cunning art thief who team up to catch a ruthless terrorist who funds his attacks through stolen treasure. As they crisscross the globe hunting their target, they unexpectedly find themselves in the center of a 2000-year-old battle for the cradle of civilization.
CBS Television Studios will handle production, with Ben Silverman, Mark Vlasic, and Webb also serving as executive producers. Federman, Scaia, Elmore, and Webb previously worked together on CBS‘ series adaptation of the Bradley Cooper/Robert DeNiro film Limitless; and Federman and Scaia also worked together on the CBS series Jericho. The Eye Network had a bit of a mixed bag with its summer programming slate this year: Zoo was cancelled after three seasons, while the summer sci-fi/action drama Salvation was renewed for a sophomore season.
Salvation is a suspense thriller that centers on a staggering discovery: an enormous asteroid is just six months away from colliding with Earth. Without alerting the public, MIT grad student Liam Cole and tech billionaire Darius Tanz team up to save humanity from this impending apocalypse. Keeping it secret will complicate life for Liam and those closest to him. Meanwhile, the government has its own approach. Grace Barrows is both the Pentagon Press Secretary and a single mom, and she deftly navigates the complicated waters of both jobs. Deputy Secretary of Defense Harris Edwards has been tasked with running their own top-secret plan to deflect the asteroid. Meanwhile, Darius recruits an aspiring sci-fi writer, Jillian, to work on a theoretical approach to saving humanity—a project that might prove to be all too real. Salvation stars Santiago Cabrera, Jennifer Finnigan, Charlie Rowe, Jacqueline Byers, Rachel Drance, Shazi Raja, and Ian Anthony Dale.
- Marvel Titan Hero Series Collection is Perfect for Certain Collectors
- Rocketeer and Betty Statue From Mondo Blows All Others Away
- Punisher Gets an Awesome Looking New Mondo Poster by Jock
- Lord of the Rings Funko Pops Wave 2- Gollum, Treebeard, and more!
- Saints Be Praised! Satanic Temple, ‘Sabrina’ Settle $50M Baphomet Lawsuit - November 21, 2018
- Did CW’s Black Lightning Further Tease a Future Outsiders Appearance? - November 21, 2018
- SpongeBob SquarePants ‘SpaceBob MerryPants’: It’s Lunar Lunacy in Nickelodeon Holiday Special - November 21, 2018
- Titans Season 1, Episode 8: DC Universe Releases Images of Conor Leslie’s Donna Troy - November 20, 2018
- Bleeding Cool’s Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Balloon/Float Guide: Goku, Grinch, Toothless, and More! - November 20, 2018