Before we hit Thanksgiving weekend, we got a bunch of awesome new Pixel Pals figures int he mail. Our first batch features the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles line, which at the moment is made up of Leonardo, Raphael, Shredder, and a Foot Soldier.
As per the usual Pixel Pals design, all of them operate on two AAA batteries that are easily placed in the back with a simple snap case back. I recently was able to get my hands on a couple of the USB battery packs, which work really well as a replacement for batteries, only you have to keep them plugged into the wall and you can’t snap the back over it. It’s a good option, but it might not be for everyone.
The two turtle designs are similar but have differences that define who Leo and Raph are. Leo has what could best be described as “softer eyes” with his traditional blue mask and light-green tone to his skin. While Raph obviously has an angrier look with a slightly darker shade of green with his red mask. Both match up how Raph and Leo both looked in the ’80s cartoon series.
Meanwhile, Shredder is probably the most defined of the bunch as there are various shades of grey on his armor and helmet, and a decent design to show off his purple cape. Meanwhile, the Foot Soldier I would say is right behind him with details on the robotic head and face mask. It makes me want to buy several just so Shredder has a ninja clan behind him to fight those blasted turtles.
Overall, these are a pretty cool set, but I hope this is just phase one. Clearly, we’re missing Mikey and Don, but it would also be nice to have Bebop and Rocksteady added to the mix. As they are right now, this is a fine mix of characters. The one issue I did have was that most of these seemed dim while Raphael (as you can see below) was way bright. There needs to be some better checking on their end for the LED bulbs and their level before being shipped, but that’s an issue with production. Beyond that, these are pretty cool.
- Reviewing More Pixelated Heroes from PDP's Pixel Pals
- Atlus Releases An Extended Trailer For Project Re Fantasy
- The Alliance Alive Receives Its Third Character Trailer
- Atlus Puts Dragon's Crown Pro Battle-Hardened Edition On Pre-Order
- You Bloated Sack Of Protoplasm: We Review The Ren & Stimpy Pixel Pals
- Two Random Items From Pixel Pals: Dragonborn Meets Superman
- Pixel Pals Jumps Back Into The Fight With More Street Fighter
- Pixel Pals Travel To A Couple Realms In Nintendo
- The UNSC Is Glowing: A Review Of Halo's Master Chief From Pixel Pals
- The Night Light This City Deserves: A New Set Of Pixel Pals Is Released
- West of Loathing Is Coming to Nintendo Switch Next Week - May 21, 2018
- Call of Duty VP Addresses Fan Criticism Over Black Ops 4’s Non-Campaign - May 21, 2018
- Pokémon GO Will Be Introducing Alolan Variants Soon - May 21, 2018
- Bandai Namco Reveals When 2 Dragon Ball FighterZ Characters Will Drop - May 21, 2018
- Epic Games is Fronting $100 Million in Prize Pool Money for Fortnite Esports Tournaments - May 21, 2018