The argument began in Batman #15 but felt it had been running longer.
Did Batman and Catwoman meet on a boat or on the street?
Ah yes, I remember it well. Ah yes, I remember it well.
These two versions refer to two first appearances of Catwoman. The first from Batman #1, as Batman proves himself the world’s greatest detective by looking at womens’ legs.
Before sending his young friend to do the dirty, then invading her personal space. And inteoducing quite the phrase into the Batman lexicon.
But from the beginning they were smitten.
…in their own ways, And then from Batman Year One, controversially recreated as a sex worker. Again, that’s mentioned as much as “papa spank” now…
And bringing a Selina Kyle into the fray.
So was it the boat or the street?
Today in Batman Annual #2 by Tom King, Lee Weeks and Michael Lake, and already receiving considerable attention, we get the full history of Batman and Catwoman… well, from Day Two at least. Discovering the batcave and stealing the Batmobile. Sneaking into Wayne manor and stealing a pen. And then beating him up and stealing his heart…
Enjoy Batman Annual #2. Enjoy it more, knowing where it came from. Talking of which…
BATMAN ANNUAL #2
(W) Tom King (A) Michael Lark (A/CA) Lee Weeks
Travel back in time with us to see the early days of the Bat and the Cat. What was Bruce and Selina’s first date? How did this rivalry blossom into romance, and then go right back to being a rivalry again? Tom King reteams with his BATMAN/ELMER FUDD collaborator Lee Weeks to show us a little young love with capes and cowls. And a little crimefighting, too.In Shops: Nov 29, 2017
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018
- What Happens if the Big Two Stop Publishing Comics? Find Out in This New Comic - January 20, 2018
- Comics Creator Mark Campos Has Died, Aged 55 - January 20, 2018
- African American Superhero Comics ‘YouNeek’ Get UK/European Bookstore Distribution Deal - January 20, 2018