Legion is in the midst of filming its second season but it could have just hit a major roadblock. According to Variety Wonder Woman actor Saïd Taghmaoui has left the production.
An FX spokesperson confirmed Tuesday that Taghmaoui has left the production, saying that a decision was made to recast his role, but not commenting further. No new actor has yet been set.
Taghmaoui appeared to announce his departure from the series Saturday on Twitter, writing, “Finally I’m not going to be in Legion but a big surprise coming soon.”
Taghmaoui was announced during the Legion panel at Comic-Con International this summer and that he was going to be playing another incarnation of the Shadow King. It’s currently unclear how much Taghmaoui has shot or if this is going to delay the production of Legion season two at all.
Summary: David Haller is a troubled young man diagnosed as schizophrenic, but after a strange encounter, he discovers special powers that will change his life forever.
Legion, created by Noah Hawley, stars Stevens, Aubrey Plaza, Rachel Keller, Bill Irwin, Jeremie Harris, and Amber Midthunder. Legion Season 2 is due out in 2018.
- 'Legion' Season 2- First Look Arrives In FX Fearless Teaser Trailer
- FINALLY, Some What We Do in the Shadows Spinoff Details
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Producer Brad Lewis Talks Wrapping the Trilogy at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Jay Baruchel Talks Letting Hiccup Go at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Christian Rivers Talks Peter Jackson Mentoring Him at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Robert Sheehan Talks Filming a Green Screen Heavy Production at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Stephen Lang Talks His Not So Human Character at NYCC - October 13, 2018