Of late Diamond Comic Distributors have been pushing successful stores to open in new locations. It#’s considered easier to encourage a store to open again elsewhere than for someone to start from scratch, and Diamond has made special deals for backstock available to stores that take that next step.
And in that spirit, the Comics Games And Coffee Emporium of Chichester in the UK has just opened a new store in neighbouring Winchester.
And yes it does sell that volatile mix of comic books and hot liquid.
The Hampshire Chronicle reports that it just celebrated its grand opening at The Brooks Shopping Centre. And though this shop opened on November 11th, that they had to wait until November 16th for the grand opening when the coffee machine arrived. And they gave out over 2000 free comics to the first customers through the door.
The store sells comics, games and coffee, obviously but also has its own in-store board game library and seating area, allowing customers to try before they buy.
The store is co-owned by Owen Lambert, Tom Trinder who decided to start the original shop in Chichester in 2015 when they realised that there were no place for boardgames and comic fans to meet or play in Chichester, and co-owner of the new store, Aaron Tavaler. They see Winchester as having a similar demographic – and issue.
Bleeding Cool regularly marks the passing of comic book stores, but also the birth of new ones. Do let us know the state of comic book stores in your community.
- Is New Year’s Day’s Doctor Who Actually Called Resolution Of The Daleks? - December 9, 2018
- Ten Thoughts about Doctor Who Series 11 Finale: The Battle Of Ranskoor Av Kolos - December 9, 2018
- BBC Confirms: No Doctor Who Series 12 Until 2020 - December 9, 2018
- “The DNA Of The Most Dangerous Creature In the Universe” – Trailer For Resolution, The Doctor Who New Year’s Day 2019 Special - December 9, 2018
- Ollie’s Outlets Selling $3.3 Million of Graphic Novels at 80% Off - December 9, 2018