Thanks for joining us once again for Bring Out Your Dead!: Bleeding Cool’s The Walking Dead LIVE-BLOG!, as we take a look at tonight’s sixth episode of Season 8, ‘The King, the Widow, and Rick;’ and it looks like internal strife might do more damage to Rick’s (Andrew Lincoln) plan than Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) and The Saviors have til now:
The Walking Dead Episode 8×06 ‘The King, the Widow and Rick’: With things looking up for Rick and the group, an argument breaks out at the Hilltop; the consequences of the decision are life versus death.
After seven seasons, 99 episodes and about a million ‘CORALS!”, AMC‘s The Walking Dead is charging into Season 8 declaring “All Out War!” That’s right, after a seventh season that danced a merengue on every one of our last nerves like a razor sharp porcupine quill, the time has finally come for Rick and his army to finally take the good fight to Negan and The Saviors. And when the dust settles, there won’t be enough detergent in what’s left of the world to clean up the mess left behind…
So on that happy note…a couple of quick notes before we get started:
● This page should update…but just to be on the safe side I strongly suggest you refresh every now and then to make sure because I’ve been known to ramble often and quickly.
● If you’re going to social media to talk about what we’re talking about, go with: #bclive and #liveblog.
● While you’re waiting (or if you just need a breather from my raw, uncut cult-of-personality), check out some of the cool The Walking Dead stuff we have for you below.
● So that’s it! Check-back here for some interesting stuff…show starts at 9:00 pm EST!
To get yourselves up to speed, check out our recap of last week’s ‘The Big Scary U’ here.
In a “must see” scene from last week, Negan confesses (???) his biggest regret to Gabriel (Seth Gilliam):
Desus Nice (Desus & Mero) and Lisa Edelstein (Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce) talk season predictions with Chris Hardwick on AMC’s Talking Dead:
Here is AMC’s official synopsis for The Walking Dead Season 8:
“Last year, Rick Grimes and his group of survivors were confronted with their deadliest challenge yet. With the comfort of Alexandria, they let their guard down, only to be reminded how brutal the world they live in can be. The introduction of Negan and the Saviors broke our group.
Feeling powerless under Negan’s rules and demands, Rick advocated the group play along. But seeing that Negan couldn’t be reasoned with, Rick began rallying together other communities affected by the Saviors. And with the support of the Hilltop and Kingdom, they finally have enough fire power to contest the Saviors.
This year, Rick brings ‘All Out War’ to Negan and his forces. The Saviors are larger, better-equipped, and ruthless — but Rick and the unified communities are fighting for the promise of a brighter future. The battle lines are drawn as they launch into a kinetic, action-packed offensive.
Up until now, survival has been the focus of Rick and our group, but it’s not enough. They have to fight to take back their freedom so that they can live. So that they can rebuild. As with any battle, there will be losses. Casualties. But with Rick leading the Alexandrian forces, Maggie leading the Hilltop, and King Ezekiel leading the Kingdom — Negan and the Saviors’ grip on this world may finally be coming to an end.”
The Walking Dead stars Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes), Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Negan), Norman Reedus (Daryl Dixon), Lauren Cohan (Maggie Greene), Danai Gurira (Michonne), Melissa McBride (Carol Peletier), Lennie James (Morgan Jones), Seth Gilliam (Father Gabriel Stokes), Alanna Masterson (Tara Chambler), Khary Payton (King Ezekiel), and Chandler Riggs (Carl Grimes); with Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero, David Alpert, showrunner Scott M. Gimple and franchise creator Robert Kirkman serving as executive producers.
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Cast, Creative Talk Feminism, Identity; Tease Crossover with “Witchy Shows” - October 21, 2018
- American Horror Story: Apocalypse Season 8, Episode 7 ‘Traitor’: Cordelia Recruits More Magic - October 21, 2018
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 13, Episode 8 ‘Charlie’s Home Alone’: Charlie Channels His Inner “Culkin” (PREVIEW) - October 21, 2018
- Heathers Season 1: Your Guide to Paramount Network’s 5-Night “Binge Event” - October 19, 2018
- Kidding Season 1, Episode 7 ‘Kintsugi’: “Mr. Pickles-san” Pays a Visit (PREVIEW) - October 19, 2018