Asmodee Digital and Dujardin have announced the release of the new digital version of Mille Bornes on iOS, Android, and Steam. The game is designed for all ages, and you can play alone or in a family group with the digital version of this legendary board game. Milles Borne was first played in French homes back in 1954, so this digital port is something that’s been a long time coming. Players can expect crazy racing, foul play, getaways, and more in the classic racing game.
Like the board game, the goal of the digital version is to reach 1,000 miles to win. Players must use their Distance cards to advance, lay their Hazard cards to prevent their opponents from advancing, and ward off dirty tricks from other players to advance as fast as possible. In addition to cards from the physical deck, the digital interpretation has been enriched with new courses like “In the countryside” and exclusive cards incorporating alternative rules to spice up the action. Events squares allow players to double the distance travelled or slow the player down.
Players can challenge up to three friends in the race through a turn-based mode or simply improve their driving performance by facing the AI. This mode offers different levels of difficulty for an added challenge.
Two new maps expand the original gameplay, with new landscapes and exciting surprises as players take on “In the countryside” and “Desert.”
Intended for a younger audience, Mille Bornes is easy to play and attractive for children. The colorful graphics and fun nature of the game will allow them to identify with the different characters and each speed card is represented by a different animal. The game is designed to offer pick-up-and-play gameplay, without having to read too many instructions. The digital version also incorporates more than 20 achievements because we all need to feel like we’ve accomplished something even if that accomplishment is on the smaller side.
Corinne Derudder, General Manager of TF1 Games, welcomes this relaunch:
“After first releasing six years ago in 2011, we have made the choice to rework the game in detail to provide an enriched gaming experience. Utilizing its expertise, Asmodee Digital has helped create this new digital version, that exceeds our expectations. Parents will enjoy recognizing the familiar elements of the game, and exploring the roads of Mille Bornes with their children.”
Philippe Dao, Chief Marketing Officer of Asmodee Digital, added:
“The integration of a game as iconic and timeless as Mille Bornes in the Asmodee catalogue is an opportunity to show the breadth of Asmodee Digital’s expertise.”
The features of Mille Bornes include:
- A game for the whole family, both kids & adults!
- Up to 4 players on the same device
- Solo play against AI
- 3 maps to explore
- Classic map based on the original board game
- “In the countryside” map with new, exclusive powers (Faery to play another turn; Shortcut to shorten your route; U-turn to go back; Heavy rain to stop your opponents for a turn; x2 to double your distance)
- “Through the desert” map, free to unlock with your Asmodee Digital account and with additional features (Shortcut to shorten your route; Dune to go backwards; Cactus shortcut for a shorter route, but with danger of a flat tire; Mirage to cause all players to discard their hands; Stuck in the sand to pass your next turn; x2 to double your distance; Shield for protection against hazards until your next turn)
- More than 20 achievements
- Choose between several cars and characters
- Play in portrait or landscape mode!
- Available languages: English, French, Italian, German and Spanish
- A Gamer Invented A Way To Speak To Aliens In Elite: Dangerous
- Superman And The Flash Race Each Other For S.H. Figuarts Supremacy
- Ultraman Jack Coming From S.H. Figuarts In April
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018