This may be one of the best 30-second trailers ever crafted for a television series. Syfy has released this gem for their upcoming new show Happy! and the first 10 seconds comes across like a standard police procedural. Then we meet Nick Sax and see that he’s an ex-cop and now a drunk — which makes it look like a take on a British police drama where the drunk, self-destructive ex-cop is trying to make a go of it as a detective and the new case may just save him. And then at the 20-second mark, we are introduced to the imaginary friend, Happy. And at that point, there is no telling what the hell this series is going to be… and I really want to watch it.
The show’s official synopsis reads:
HAPPY! is based on New York Times best-selling author Grant Morrison and Darick Robertson’s graphic novel of the same name. The series follows Nick Sax (Christopher Meloni, Law & Order: SVU) – an intoxicated, corrupt ex-cop turned hit man – who is adrift in a world of casual murder, soulless sex and betrayal. After a hit gone wrong, his inebriated life is forever changed by a tiny, relentlessly positive, imaginary blue winged horse named Happy (Patton Oswalt).
Happy! premieres on December 6th at 10 p.m. ET on Syfy.
- Read Justice, Inc. #1 from Michael Uslan and Giovanni Timpano - January 21, 2018
- Sideshow Offers New Black Widow and Captain America Print with a Twist - January 21, 2018
- You Will Believe a White Man Can Lean: Neil Patrick Harris Takes on MJ - January 21, 2018
- Tennessee Titans Choose Mike Vrabel as New Head Coach - January 21, 2018
- Chris Redd Stars as a Very Different Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - January 21, 2018