This may be one of the best 30-second trailers ever crafted for a television series. Syfy has released this gem for their upcoming new show Happy! and the first 10 seconds comes across like a standard police procedural. Then we meet Nick Sax and see that he’s an ex-cop and now a drunk — which makes it look like a take on a British police drama where the drunk, self-destructive ex-cop is trying to make a go of it as a detective and the new case may just save him. And then at the 20-second mark, we are introduced to the imaginary friend, Happy. And at that point, there is no telling what the hell this series is going to be… and I really want to watch it.
The show’s official synopsis reads:
HAPPY! is based on New York Times best-selling author Grant Morrison and Darick Robertson’s graphic novel of the same name. The series follows Nick Sax (Christopher Meloni, Law & Order: SVU) – an intoxicated, corrupt ex-cop turned hit man – who is adrift in a world of casual murder, soulless sex and betrayal. After a hit gone wrong, his inebriated life is forever changed by a tiny, relentlessly positive, imaginary blue winged horse named Happy (Patton Oswalt).
Happy! premieres on December 6th at 10 p.m. ET on Syfy.
- Eoin Marron’s Process Art from Centipede #1 - April 23, 2018
- Oakland Raiders Sign Recently Arrested and Cut Corner Daryl Worley - April 23, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: Two Arrow Actors to Guest Before the Finale - April 23, 2018
- Could Bad Behavior Lead to Fox Cancelling Lethal Weapon? - April 23, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Inside the Episode ‘In Search of Lost Time’ - April 23, 2018