Harley Quinn is one of DC Comics’ most successful breakout characters un recent years. long before the Suicide Squad calm, she was the cosplayers choice, with a variety of looks down the decades and a certain propensity to survive and prosper despite have no superpowers save for the ability to do whatever the hell she wanted and get away with it.
She currently appears in the twice-monthly Suicide Squad comic, the twice-monthly Harley Quinn comic and plenty of other spinoff one-shots, mini-series and specials. Oh and in this month’s Red Hood And The Outlaws #16 by Scott Lobdell, Dexter Soy and Veronica Gandini.
In which she encounters the Amazonian warrior Artemis – who seems to have a different take than the DC orthodoxy, And one shared by a number of critics…
And just someone with a big hammer who should be easily defeatable.
With Sean Murphy‘s Batman: White Knight also distinguishing between the classic Harley that the book seems to favour and the more modern game-and-film influenced Harley Quinn that it dismisses as a separate character unworthy of Batman’s attention…
…is a tide turning against Harley Quinn from the creators at DC Comics? And with Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner leaving the book, will their replacements be such staunch defenders?
“Bizarro Reborn” part three! They may only use the title “Outlaws” as cover for Red Hood’s clandestine war on crime-but their status as Gotham City’s most wanted has landed them in the prison yard at Belle Reve Penitentiary! But are they locked in with the Suicide Squad-or is the Suicide Squad locked in with the Outlaws? Harley Quinn, Killer Croc and Deadshot go out of the way to make Red Hood, Artemis and Bizarro feel right at home in this maximum-security prison…while Amanda Waller rustles up three new brain bombs!
- Zenescope Brings a Different Flavour to Women In Comics Panels at San Diego Comic-Con - July 15, 2018
- Mike Holman and Lee Thompson Promoted at Diamond Comics UK in John Hitchen’s Absence - July 15, 2018
- Doctor Who’s Back – And She’s Bringing That Same Copy of The Beano With Her - July 15, 2018
- Marvel’s Extinction Event To Send The Original Five X-Men Home? Find Out at San Diego - July 15, 2018
- Tony Lee Returns to Markosia for ‘Also Known As’ and ‘Dark Lines Of London’ Launching at London Film And Comic Con 2018 - July 15, 2018