Melissa Benoist may be taking the world by storm as the Girl of Steel right now, but folks got to know her for her time on Glee as Marley Rose. Benoist is a singer and got to showcase that ability last year in a special Supergirl/Flash crossover musical episode along with former Glee stars Grant Gustin and Darren Criss (as the Music Meister).
Recently Benoist was tapped to help promote the upcoming MineCon, the annual Minecraft convention hosted by developers Mojang. In the video, the actress sings and moves through the digital game world as it showcases an upcoming graphics update.
For those who aren’t familiar with Minecraft, it’s basically a sandbox game that allows players to build just about anything using a variety of cubes. From there you can explore the world, gather resources, craft objects and battle other players. The game was created by Swedish programmer Markus ‘Notch’ Perssons before being developed further by Mojang. As of February of this year, over 121 million copies of the game has been sold. That makes it the second best-selling game of all time behind only the various versions of Tetris. In 2014, Microsoft bought Mojang and Minecraft for $2.5 billion dollars.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018