Looks like the skies are about to get a whole lot more unfriendly, as The Last Ship writer-producer Jill Blankenship and American Crime executive producer Michael McDonald are set to develop the airplane conspiracy thriller Flight 410 for ABC.
Written and executive produced by Blankenship, Flight 410 is also executive produced by McDonald through ABC Studio’s Sterns Castle; and stands as the second “missing plane” drama for the next television season.
Here’s ABC initial tagline take on the series:
“After a commercial flight vanishes over the Atlantic Ocean, a disgraced journalist whose wife was on the plane is driven to solve the mystery as he leads an unconventional group with other family members left behind.”
ABC’s Flight 410 is the second of two announced plane-based drama series for next year. With a concept that can be best initially described as a cross between Lost and the late-great Kris Kristofferson‘s 1989 science fiction film Millennium, missing plane mystery-thriller Manifest received a pilot commitment from NBC earlier this year. Warner Bros. TV is backing the project, which hails from Jeff Rake (The Mysteries of Laura) and producer Robert Zemeckis (Back to the Future, Tales from the Crypt); with Rake writing, and executive producing with Zemeckis, Jack Rapke and Jackie Levine through Compari Entertainment.
The premise behind Manifest is a timely one, but with a twist: a passenger plane disappears from radar and goes untraceable. For five years, the world assumes that the plane was lost at sea — until the plane returns with all of the passengers still on board. But while time moved on for their loved ones at home, no time has passed for those who were on the plane.
The series will follow several passengers and their families as they make the adjustment to having returned after being gone for so long, but bigger (and possibly deadly) questions remain. Where did they go? Why did they come back? Most importantly… will it happen again?
- Rian Johnson Confirms The Last Jedi Runtime: 2 Hours And 30 Minutes
- A Wrinkle In Time Drops New Poster, New Trailer Debuts This Sunday On ABC
- Charmed Season 1 ‘Pilot’ Review: A Strong Start That Honors, Updates Original Series - October 15, 2018
- Simon Pegg on Amazon’s The Boys (The Bleeding Cool Interview) - October 15, 2018
- HBO’s Watchmen: Damon Lindelof “Remix” Series Releases New Teaser Image, Logo - October 15, 2018
- The Walking Dead s09e02 ‘The Bridge’ Builds Season 9 Tension Effectively (REVIEW) - October 15, 2018
- Bring Out Your Dead 902: Bleeding Cool’s The Walking Dead Live-Blog! - October 14, 2018