Looks like the skies are about to get a whole lot more unfriendly, as The Last Ship writer-producer Jill Blankenship and American Crime executive producer Michael McDonald are set to develop the airplane conspiracy thriller Flight 410 for ABC.
Written and executive produced by Blankenship, Flight 410 is also executive produced by McDonald through ABC Studio’s Sterns Castle; and stands as the second “missing plane” drama for the next television season.
Here’s ABC initial tagline take on the series:
“After a commercial flight vanishes over the Atlantic Ocean, a disgraced journalist whose wife was on the plane is driven to solve the mystery as he leads an unconventional group with other family members left behind.”
ABC’s Flight 410 is the second of two announced plane-based drama series for next year. With a concept that can be best initially described as a cross between Lost and the late-great Kris Kristofferson‘s 1989 science fiction film Millennium, missing plane mystery-thriller Manifest received a pilot commitment from NBC earlier this year. Warner Bros. TV is backing the project, which hails from Jeff Rake (The Mysteries of Laura) and producer Robert Zemeckis (Back to the Future, Tales from the Crypt); with Rake writing, and executive producing with Zemeckis, Jack Rapke and Jackie Levine through Compari Entertainment.
The premise behind Manifest is a timely one, but with a twist: a passenger plane disappears from radar and goes untraceable. For five years, the world assumes that the plane was lost at sea — until the plane returns with all of the passengers still on board. But while time moved on for their loved ones at home, no time has passed for those who were on the plane.
The series will follow several passengers and their families as they make the adjustment to having returned after being gone for so long, but bigger (and possibly deadly) questions remain. Where did they go? Why did they come back? Most importantly… will it happen again?
- Rian Johnson Confirms The Last Jedi Runtime: 2 Hours And 30 Minutes
- A Wrinkle In Time Drops New Poster, New Trailer Debuts This Sunday On ABC
- The Weekly Static S01E18: Hogan, Hardwick, and Co-Opting Holidays - December 15, 2017
- The IT Crowd Creator Graham Linehan to Pen NBC Remake - December 15, 2017
- Jamie Harris and Outlander’s Andrew Gower Set for Carnival Row - December 15, 2017
- Netflix Doc Shorts Feature Author Ram Dass, Archer Deepika Kumari - December 15, 2017
- A.P. Bio Enrolling Early at NBC: Series Preview Set for February - December 14, 2017