There was a story that ran over the weekend that took the entertainment press by storm. In a story that seemed to originate from PageSix the report said that actress Gal Gadot was going to refuse to do Wonder Woman 2 unless Brett Ratner was no longer involved. The story gained a lot of traction but there didn’t seem to be much legitimacy behind it.
When the release date got moved, Deadline reported that Ratner’s involvement with the first movie was tangential at best and he didn’t get a producing credit. Also, that Warner Bros contract with RatPac was up after April of next year and they had committed to helping finance the movie.
While on the red carpet for Justice League Entertainment Tonight asked actress Gal Gadot about the issue and brought up a clip of where they had talked to Patty Jenkins about it as well.
“That whole thing happened weeks ago, so that actually had nothing to do with Gal. That was a foregone conclusion. So, anyway, I was surprised by that story,” said Jenkins.
When asked directly about the conflict of interest Gadot didn’t deny the reports entirely but she did clear up how she feels about the entire situation and that she isn’t alone in that feeling.
“There [has] been a lot written about how I feel and my views about this topic, and everyone knows how I feel about it. And the truth is, there [are] so many people involved in making this movie, and they all have echoed the same sentiment.”
It looks like we shouldn’t expect any conflicts of interest when it comes time for Wonder Woman 2 to start shooting. And when it that?
“Soon!” says Gadot.
- Jeffrey Tambor Exits Transparent Amid Sexual Assault Allegations; They Were Planning To Write Him Off Anyway - November 19, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi TV Spot Shows Off Some New Footage - November 19, 2017
- [SPOILERS] Justice League – Ray Fisher Talks A Deleted Scene With Victor Stone’s Mother - November 18, 2017
- [SPOILERS] Justice League – Jason Momoa Talks Vulko And Deleted Scenes - November 18, 2017
- Wonder Review: Tugs At The Heartstrings, But Isn’t Obnoxious About It - November 17, 2017