Gunfire Games, a leading independent developer of video games including the award-winning Chronos, today launched From Other Suns for the Oculus Touch. In this action-adventure experience, players will pilot their own ship on a quest to try to save humanity, or just joyride through the galaxy until its extinction.
From Other Suns takes players on an epic sci-fi adventure that reads a bit more like a novel than a video game:
It was supposed to be a simple job. Test an experimental folding drive to travel beyond the fringes of explored space. Return safely for a big payout, and retire on a small colony to never be heard from again. Things don’t always work out as planned. On the return trip, something followed you back. Something ancient. Now it’s a race to make it back to Earth before the ancient alien threat wipes out everything in its way – including you.
To make matters worse, it won’t be an easy journey back to Earth. There’s danger at every jump on this side of the galaxy. Ruthless pirates, lethal robots, and deadly aliens all stand in your way. You and your friends will tour the sector, upgrading your ship, stockpiling weapons, and fighting for your lives.
Gameplay features include:
- Co-Op or Single Player – Built for 3 player drop-in co-op action or a great solo experience.
- Be the captain – Manage your own ship and its crew, upgrade your systems and weapons while negotiating with merchants and avoiding pirate raiders.
- Huge Gun Variety – Over a dozen unique weapon types, with over 2,000 possible variations
- Randomized Universe – No two playthroughs are the same! From encounters to locations, never have the same experience twice.
- Rogue-lite – Run out of crew members and your mission is over! A running tally of achievements allows you to work towards unlocking powerful weapons and better ships, allowing you to progress further on each subsequent playthrough.
You can watch the launch trailer below.
- Warner Bros. Classics Get The Funko Mystery Mini Treatment
- Cards Against Humanity Wants To Stop Trump From Building His Wall
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018
- What Even is Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden? Funcom is Here to Explain - October 18, 2018
- CD Projekt Red Releases a New Trailer for Thronebreaker - October 18, 2018