There is a lot of pressure when it comes to being in a Star Wars movie, and Daisy Ridley is not immune to it. As always, artists are always more critical of themselves than anyone else — and in an new interview with Elle UK, Ridley talks about her performance in The Force Awakens and the stresses of filming The Last Jedi. She says:
“I didn’t think I was good in the first film, and I was struggling with that.”
This made coming back to film the second one that much more stressful for Ridley. She also admits that not having co-star John Boyega around as much stressed her out a bit.
“It’s not this big adventure that I’m on with John [unlike the first movie]. I was thinking I did the first one because I didn’t really know what I was getting myself into and I was having loads of fun, and suddenly I’m realising what this actually is, and I can’t f**king do this. I’m highly dramatic – so it’s all ‘oh my God’…finally I was like ‘Oh yeah, this is working.'”
The full interview with Ridley will be up next month, and we’ll learn more about how she’s dealing with her new level of fame.
Summary: Having taken her first steps into a larger world in Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015), Rey continues her epic journey with Finn, Poe and Luke Skywalker in the next chapter of the saga, Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi, directed by Rian Johnson, stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Mark Hamill, Oscar Isaac, Carrie Fisher, and Adam Driver. It will be released on December 15th.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Takes Over Entertainment Weekly's December Issue
- Mondo Soundtrack Release Of The Week: Pixar's Ratatouille
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Comments on Quicksilver’s Return for Avengers 4 - October 19, 2018
- Netflix Cancels Marvel’s Luke Cage After 2 Seasons - October 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: 3 New Behind-the-Scenes Photos - October 19, 2018
- Check Out Some Armored Sharks in These New Aquaman Images - October 19, 2018
- Disney’s Jungle Cruise Gets Delayed 9 Months - October 19, 2018