The Murray Brothers are taking their love for “America’s past time” to the highways and byways of the country’s minor league baseball leagues, and they’re taking us along for the ride. Bill Murray and Brian Doyle-Murray’s Extra Innings is a 10-episode unscripted comedy series set to debut on Facebook Watch on Monday, November 20th, with new eight-minute episodes available on Mondays. The series will boast “The Thing About Baseball,” a theme song performed by Murray and written by Paul Shaffer, Murray, and Doyle-Murray.
Here’s a first look at the series:
Bill Murray is a well-known Chicago Cubs fan, but he’s also a longtime booster of minor league baseball as part owner of the St. Paul Saints and the Charleston RiverDogs as well as an investor in other teams. In the series, Bill and Brian bring humor and heart to local ballparks and communities, visiting minor league ballclubs including the RiverDogs, the Saints, the Martha’s Vineyard Sharks, and Kansas City T-Bones. They also spend time with the Kansas City MLB Urban Youth Academy and the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum.
The concept behind the series sprang from an unexpected meeting between Doyle-Murray and producer Oso Studios founder Dub Cornett (Mike Judge Presents: Tales From the Tour Bus, The Last Ride) at a mutual friend’s birthday party:
I thought that traveling with the Murray Brothers to games around America would be a fun, cool show and so did they. It’s simple as that.
Doyle-Murray: Doing this project was more fun than a bench-clearing brawl. And like a baseball bench-clearing brawl, no one got hurt!
Bill Murray and Brian Doyle-Murray’s Extra Innings is executive produced by Murray, Doyle-Murray, and Cornett; co-executive produced by Jason Ross; and produced by Victoria Lily Shaffer.
“It was like being on a vacation, in a weird way. We would watch baseball sometimes and go find pie or milkshakes other times.” –Cornett
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Cast, Creative Talk Feminism, Identity; Tease Crossover with “Witchy Shows” - October 21, 2018
- American Horror Story: Apocalypse Season 8, Episode 7 ‘Traitor’: Cordelia Recruits More Magic - October 21, 2018
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 13, Episode 8 ‘Charlie’s Home Alone’: Charlie Channels His Inner “Culkin” (PREVIEW) - October 21, 2018
- Heathers Season 1: Your Guide to Paramount Network’s 5-Night “Binge Event” - October 19, 2018
- Kidding Season 1, Episode 7 ‘Kintsugi’: “Mr. Pickles-san” Pays a Visit (PREVIEW) - October 19, 2018