Stephen King is having quite the year. Movies, books, TV shows — the guy is everywhere. These are all quality releases, as well, in all areas. That includes this new soundtrack collection, up for order today from Varèse Sarabande Records. Four of the most under-appreciated scores from his many film adaptions are represented here. This includes one seeing its first official release and one that we haven’t had in a good long while.
We are proud to announce THE STEPHEN KING COLLECTION as our newest limited edition box set release. In this special set, we focus on a fearful foursome of Stephen King movies composed by four very capable composers: two feature films and two television miniseries, each featuring very different but very potent scores. To add to the uniqueness of this box set we expanded the scores to James Newton Howard’s DREAMCATCHER and W.G. ‘Snuffy’ Walden’s THE STAND into 2-disc Deluxe Editions. Nicholas Pike’s THE SHINING is making its official commercial debut here in full glory: A three-CD set with music separated by each night of the special event series. Tangerine Dream’s Firestarter is being reissued for the first time in almost 15 years.
All this great music is housed in a box designed to pay tribute to Stephen King paperbacks with a 24-page bound booklet and each disc secured in individual pockets. As an extra level of protection during shipping, we have added a piece of foam on top of each panel so that all discs remain in their respected pockets. The foam provides friction and capacity to keep discs in place during shipping. Featuring liner notes by writer Randall D. Larson and original art by Shawn Conn this is a must own collection for horror fans and film score collectors. This box set is limited to 1,500 units.
The main event here is the Firestarter soundtrack. I love that film, and the score is one of the best of the ’80s. It’s also cool that they gave The Shining miniseries a disc per night instead of shoving it all onto a disc or two. Say what you will about that miniseries, but it holds a special place in my heart. I was glued to the TV when it aired — I loved it.
And as a packaging junkie, I can say that they knocked this out of the park. I worked in a bookstore for years, and the paperback section was the most fun to work in — especially the horror section. Stephen King’s books have always had such cool covers, too; it’s a fitting way to release the soundtracks.
This boxset is available now here. It is limited, so you may want to jump on it quick.
- Tickets For C2E2, Now With 100% More Dave Bautista, Are On Sale Now
- Louis C.K. Responds After Distribution Of 'I Love You, Daddy' Canceled Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- Henry Cavill Shares A Picture From Mission: Impossible 6 Featuring "Nipple Attachments"
- [SPOILERS] Taika Waititi Already Knows How He'd Open Thor 4
- Murder On The Orient Express Review: Solid, But Shows Its Age
- Rob Liefeld Urges Fox To Rethink Disney Sale Because Deadpool And X-Force Are Their Star Wars
- The Final Trailer For The Shape Of Water Teases A Different Type Of Monster
- Ellen Page To Star In The Umbrella Academy For Netflix
- Wolfcop Sequel 'Another Wolfcop' Gets A Fun New Trailer
- Rian Johnson To Create A Brand-New Trilogy Of Star Wars Films
- Big Little Lies Season 2: Sources Say HBO Is Looking To Start Production In 2018
- Disney Pint Size Heroes and Star Wars Pop Three Pack Are Coming From Funko - January 15, 2018
- Freddy Krueger from Nightmare Part 2 Gets an Ultimate Figure, Thanks to NECA - January 15, 2018
- Black Panther Figures Should All Be This Cool: Looking at the New Walmart Exclusive - January 15, 2018
- Halloween Begins Filming as Four More Join the Cast - January 13, 2018
- Mark Millar and Rafael Albuquerque’s Huck Gets a Bust from Skelton Crew Studio - January 13, 2018