We are very sorry to report that actor John Hillerman has passed away at the age of 84. He was best known for his portrayal of Jonathan Higgins opposite of Tom Selleck in the 80’s detective series Magnum P.I. The New York Times reports Hillerman passed in his home in Texas.
Though he played a Brit in the series, Hillerman was born in Texas in 1932. he began his career on stage when director Peter Bogdanovich cast him as a teacher in The Last Picture Show. He would also appear in Paper Moon, Chinatown and Blazing Saddles. On television he appeared as radio detective Simon Brimmer on Ellery Queen and as Mr. Connors on One Day At A Time. He would also play the role of Higgins in appearances on Murder, She Wrote and Simon & Simon.
His last screen appearance was in 1996 in A Very Brady Sequel before retiring to his home in Texas.
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: Answer to the Black Canary Image from this Weekend - March 19, 2018
- Freeform Releases New Poster for Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger - March 19, 2018
- Syfy’s Nightflyers Changes Showrunners Before Pilot is Filmed - March 19, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 Will Have John Constantine Full-Time - March 19, 2018
- Joseph Michael Linsner and Kristina Deak-Linsner Team for New Vampirella Series - March 19, 2018