In what might be some of the best legacy/stunt casting of the season, ABC’s Designated Survivor has cast Kim Raver for an upcoming major story arc. Raver used to play Audrey Raines, the on-again-off-again love interest of Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) on the Fox hit series 24. This news comes shortly after it was leaked that the current First Lady on the series, Natascha McElhone, would be leaving the series at midseason.
According to TVLine, Raver will play Andrea Frost, a genius engineer and entrepreneur who owns a a high-tech industry company called Apache Aerospace. She is described as an Elon Musk-type with unshrinking confidence, vision, and a philosophical belief in business that clashes with most conventional thinking.
Sutherland and Raver reunited a few years back for the limited series 24: Live Another Day that (spoiler) ended with Audrey’s death. The actress has also recently did a story arc on Ray Donovan and returned to Grey’s Anatomy as Dr. Teddy Altman. Rumor had it that her stint there might be extended, something the actress has not addressed other than to say she would jump at the chance to return.
Designated Survivor airs Wednesdays on ABC.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018