In what might be some of the best legacy/stunt casting of the season, ABC’s Designated Survivor has cast Kim Raver for an upcoming major story arc. Raver used to play Audrey Raines, the on-again-off-again love interest of Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) on the Fox hit series 24. This news comes shortly after it was leaked that the current First Lady on the series, Natascha McElhone, would be leaving the series at midseason.
According to TVLine, Raver will play Andrea Frost, a genius engineer and entrepreneur who owns a a high-tech industry company called Apache Aerospace. She is described as an Elon Musk-type with unshrinking confidence, vision, and a philosophical belief in business that clashes with most conventional thinking.
Sutherland and Raver reunited a few years back for the limited series 24: Live Another Day that (spoiler) ended with Audrey’s death. The actress has also recently did a story arc on Ray Donovan and returned to Grey’s Anatomy as Dr. Teddy Altman. Rumor had it that her stint there might be extended, something the actress has not addressed other than to say she would jump at the chance to return.
Designated Survivor airs Wednesdays on ABC.
- iZombie Season 4: Did the Writers Name Liv’s New Love Interest Based on This Ship Name? - March 23, 2018
- Luke Cage’s Mike Colter to Appear on The Good Fight Season 2 - March 23, 2018
- Gifted Season 2: Amy Acker Wants to Get Out of the Mom Realm - March 23, 2018
- Lucifer Season 3: Mazikeen Really Wants to Go Back to Hell - March 23, 2018
- Writer’s Commentary: Jeremy Whitley on Vampirella #11 - March 23, 2018