In what might be some of the best legacy/stunt casting of the season, ABC’s Designated Survivor has cast Kim Raver for an upcoming major story arc. Raver used to play Audrey Raines, the on-again-off-again love interest of Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) on the Fox hit series 24. This news comes shortly after it was leaked that the current First Lady on the series, Natascha McElhone, would be leaving the series at midseason.
According to TVLine, Raver will play Andrea Frost, a genius engineer and entrepreneur who owns a a high-tech industry company called Apache Aerospace. She is described as an Elon Musk-type with unshrinking confidence, vision, and a philosophical belief in business that clashes with most conventional thinking.
Sutherland and Raver reunited a few years back for the limited series 24: Live Another Day that (spoiler) ended with Audrey’s death. The actress has also recently did a story arc on Ray Donovan and returned to Grey’s Anatomy as Dr. Teddy Altman. Rumor had it that her stint there might be extended, something the actress has not addressed other than to say she would jump at the chance to return.
Designated Survivor airs Wednesdays on ABC.
- Read Vampirella Vol. 4 #0 Free from Dynamite’s 2017 Blockbuster Holiday Bundle - December 15, 2017
- Denver Broncos Put Trevor Siemian on IR, Will Wait to See Who Will Start - December 15, 2017
- Rob Liefeld Reacts to New Titans Image of Hawk and Dove - December 15, 2017
- Exclusive First Look at Dynamite’s Pop Culture Titles Shipping March 2017 - December 15, 2017
- 4 New Clips from Guillermo del Toro’s Trollhunters Season 2 - December 15, 2017