Well, that’s just unsettling. Telltale Games isn’t one of the gaming development companies that comes to mind when you think of people who may be in trouble. I mean, think of all the titles they currently work with. The Walking Dead, Batman, Minecraft, Guardians Of The Galaxy, Fables, etc. One would assume the company is doing awesome. Apparently not, as the company released a statement today letting fans know that about 90 team members were being laid off (25% of their staff), and that the company would be moving ahead to make fewer games a year with a smaller staff.
“Our industry has shifted in tremendous ways over the past few years. The realities of the environment we face moving forward demand we evolve, as well, reorienting our organization with a focus on delivering fewer, better games with a smaller team,” according to Telltale Games CEO Pete Hawley.
Considering Guardians Of The Galaxy just wrapped up, it’s a safe bet that many of the members who were laid off came from that team, as well as other areas in the building. Employees of other companies have been reaching out on social media, such as some who work for Ubisoft, to let them know their company is hiring to get them jobs in a hurry.
- Telltale Games Shows Off The Next 'Batman' Episode Trailer
- 'Batman: A Telltale Series' Comes To The Nintendo Switch
- Telltale Shows Off The Last 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Episode Trailer
- Gary Whitta Returns For Telltale's 'Walking Dead' Final Season
- The Nintendo Switch Is Finally Getting 'Batman: A Telltale Adventure'
- Marvel January 2018 Solicits: Weekly Books For Everyone!
- Sorry, Clementine Fans: No Plans For Telltale Characters To Appear On The Walking Dead
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for March 20-26, 2018 - March 20, 2018
- Sea Of Thieves is Getting a Surprising Day One Patch - March 19, 2018
- Twitch Celebrates Mr. Rogers’s 90th Birthday with a Marathon - March 19, 2018
- Tower of Time Will Finally Leave Early Access This April - March 19, 2018
- The PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Mobile Game is Now Live - March 19, 2018