Kurt Cobain, Jerry Garcia, and Elton John have become the latest rock gods to become immortalized as Funko Pops. They join Jimi Hendrix, Lemmy, Metallica, Run DMC, and others that have been released previously. I must say that I never thought I would be able to purchase a Kurt Cobain Funko Pop, but here we are.
Pop Rocks Kurt Cobain, Elton John, Jerry Garcia
All four of these have great sculpts. Jerry actually looks a little like he is smiling, and take a close look at that right hand. As far as the Elton John ones go, I like the white suit one more. Whenever I think of Elton, that is how I picture him. The pin on his lapel is a super awesome touch. I don’t really like the USA one; it feels less iconic than the white suit. Maybe that’s just me, though. Kurt is going to sell in droves. It was smart to release the green sweater version as the regular and not as an exclusive. Who knew Kurt would look so perfect as a Pop?
Pop Rocks Kurt Cobain, Elton John, Jerry Garcia Exclusives
Why no Jerry exclusive Funko? Why not do one in a ti-dyed shirt? That feels like a huge missed opportunity. Although maybe they are saving that for a con. Since I didn’t like the regular USA Elton, I don’t have to tell you that the glitter exclusive version is also not so great. More power to you if that excites you — I, however, love both of these Kurt exclusives. I like the Hot Topic one a little better, as I’m pretty sure that is his look from Nirvana’s iconic MTV Unplugged performance. I don’t have an FYE around me, so I may never get that one. But I will for sure be getting that Hot Topic one.
These will all hit stores and online in January.
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer Celebrates 20 Years With New Funko Pops
- Could Disney Buying Fox Finally Settle The Question Of Who Shot First In Star Wars, Han Or Greedo?
- John Boyega Debunks A Popular Fan Theory About Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Could Using Topaz In Thor: Ragnarok Have Opened A Whole Can Of Worms?
- Thor Screenwriter Complains Of "Thorsplaining" On Twitter
- Report: WWE Won't Air Starrcade On WWE Network Because They Already Have Your Money
- Documentary About Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase, The Price Of Fame, Is In Theaters For One Night This Week
- Marvel's Inhumans Season One: Maybe It's A Character Drama After All
- Take A Look At Universal Orlando's Fast & Furious: Supercharged Ride!
- Exclusive: New Movie Poster For Star Wars: The Last Jedi Revealed - But Just For Macclesfield
- Wolverton Thief Of Impossible Objects #1 Review: A Classic Mix of Errol Flynn And Sinbad
- Ben Affleck: Justice League Is Zack Snyder's DNA
- Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom Review – Well, at Least it Has Dinosaurs - June 22, 2018
- Uncle Drew Product is Taking Over Lids with Hats, Jerseys, and More - June 22, 2018
- Let’s Take a Look at Funko’s Godzilla Mystery Minis! - June 22, 2018
- Star Wars Sideshow Premium Format Obi-Wan Kenobi Up For Order - June 22, 2018
- Funko SDCC Exclusives Wave 6: Marvel! Plus: Taika Waititi - June 21, 2018